Drifting Reports? Drifting Reports? Drifting Reports? Drifting Reports?

Default Drifting Reports?

Anyone still doing well drifting near Kelley’s ? Haven’t got out in a while ... I know there was a good bite in June

I went out off of Kellys for about four hours in the afternoon/evening yesterday. Started at the SE corner, and the wind blew me up the side of the island, ending up about 2 miles east of Long Point at the NE corner of the island.

The bite was ok. I was out by myself and was drifting. I kept one bottom bouncer with a gold hammered harness dragging near the bottom and was casting a weapon with silver blade and gold and red beads. Both produced some fish. But, they were mainly undersized. I got 10, of which 3 were keepers. I also picked up half a dozen yellow perch on the walleye lures in the 6-8" range (kept the bigger ones) and the usual sheephead and catfish and white perch.

I tried due south of the island starting at the buoy at the SW corner and let the wind push me along the south end of the island, and actually had some decent walleye on the line, but all 3 of them spit the hook right at the boat. They were hitting very soft. They all appeared to be in the 18-20' range at a guess.

The ones on the east/NE side of the island were in 40 FOW, the ones on the south side in 25-20 FOW.