Sat Sat Sat Sat

Thread: Sat

Default Sat

Sat. rewarded us with a 5 man limit in short order, west of Kellys shoal. All hammer handles just can't find the big ones. I have a theory, so many small ones they can out compete the bigger ones that cannot maneuver as fast so the big ones move to different feeding grounds. Anyone have different ideas?
    F Troop 9th Cav 1st Air Cav

Quote Originally Posted by Bggeary View Post
    Sat. rewarded us with a 5 man limit in short order, west of Kellys shoal. All hammer handles just can't find the big ones. I have a theory, so many small ones they can out compete the bigger ones that cannot maneuver as fast so the big ones move to different feeding grounds. Anyone have different ideas?
    We were on the lake fishing last Thursday thru Sunday. Limits everyday. Same as you. Mostly 16-18 inch fish. My thinking is they went east quicker than normal. There's so many 2015 hatch fish in the west the bigger ones went east for food. We heard bigger fish are being caught 5-10 miles east of Kelly's. It might be a little early for that bite but the Eyes need to eat. A couple of charters were bringing in bigger fish around the gravel pit and even east of there. Heard many went to Canada as well.
    Last edited by TabBiser; 06-11-2018 at 10:15 AM.

Good work finding them Sunday. We could not get anything Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by TabBiser View Post
    We were on the lake fishing last Thursday thru Sunday. Limits everyday. Same as you. Mostly 16-18 inch fish. My thinking is they went east quicker than normal. There's so many 2015 hatch fish in the west the bigger ones went east for food. We heard bigger fish are being caught 5-10 miles east of Kelly's. It might be a little early for that bite but the Eyes need to eat. A couple of charters were bringing in bigger fish around the gravel pit and even east of there. Heard many went to Canada as well.
    Kinda sounds like what I been saying But where did they go?
    F Troop 9th Cav 1st Air Cav

Canada or east