May 25th report out of Mazurik May 25th report out of Mazurik May 25th report out of Mazurik May 25th report out of Mazurik

Default May 25th report out of Mazurik

We left Mazurik about 7am and went about a mile north. We stayed south of the pack and started setting spinners with hammered gold blades as we trolled east at 1.8mph. We didn't get the first line set and hooked up. It was like that for 45 minutes as we were hauling keepers16-22". After an hour we finally got four lines set with spinners and two dipseys with purple/gold spoons. Had the #0 dipseys with rings set at 2 anywhere from 70-100' out and the spinners were on #2 tadpoles/in-line planers at 45' and 54'. A few hours and 3 man ticket was had. We threw back some between 15-16". Had a 26" bonus steelhead on a spoon. Our best day on a long time!

We got to witness some of the madness that goes with a holiday weekend and inexperienced boaters as a boat headed for us straight on and then made a right turn. It just happened to go over a another boat's starboard planer board. There was rightfully a lot of yelling and hot tempers. Be aware and safe out there folks!
    FUBAR1
    New Philadelphia, Ohio

"I get my walleye gear online at PHDtackle.com."

Sounds like you had a good day. I went West and found 5 North of the Crib. Can you tell us the average water depth you were in? I lost my #2 tadpole chart.
    Good fishing!

We were in 25-30 f.o.w. most of the day trolling east-west. The winds were light enough it didn't matter which way you trolled.
    FUBAR1
    New Philadelphia, Ohio

"I get my walleye gear online at PHDtackle.com."

We had our best day ever in the same area. TruTrip 40’s 40-55 back with blueberry muffin scorpion spoon and reef runner 500 shrimp and grape ape catching all the fish. I run these little reef runner 500’s the same as spoons behind divers and they often outperform the spoons. Honestly today was one of those days where any color would probably work.

My last two outings have been limits under an hour. Both times I found my own fish with no other boat around. I could see the major packs and hear the F bombs on the radio. My point is the lake is full of walleyes and not only where tbe packs are.

My buddy fished today,Sunday same area.Decided not to put out bags and said speed around 2.5 -3.0 mph.Ran bandits caught 8 fish with several going 3lbs.Hot color was humble bee at 50 lead.