Fishing with Dee, Dan, and Steve 5/16/18 Fishing with Dee, Dan, and Steve 5/16/18 Fishing with Dee, Dan, and Steve 5/16/18 Fishing with Dee, Dan, and Steve 5/16/18

Default Fishing with Dee, Dan, and Steve 5/16/18

Woke up at 2:30am and decided to just get up and start the day. It gave me an extra half hour to give the "Dexter Dog" some hug time, out on the back deck, while I drank my morning coffee.

I left the house at 4:20 again...hit Speedway and then met the crew at Big Bopper's again for breakfast.
    I told them I had to hit the bait shop on the way, and that I would meet them at the Catawba ramp as soon as I was done. They found it okay, and I readied the boat for launch. We headed north from the point, and looked for marks on the Helix, while the boat was on plane...(how cool is it to have a tool that will do that? I love it!)

Anyway...once we found some, I told them that we were running the same crawler harness program we ended up with yesterday. The program was 1oz inline weights at 30 and 40 back, and 2oz inlines 23, 25, 27, and 30 back...at a speed of 1.3-1.5mph. (The color of the harness and blade didn't seem to make much difference, because I had a handful of different colors out and all of them caught fish at some point or another.

There was a full four-person limit caught today, using the crawlers. Sure, maybe it's not as fast as others out there, but to me, it's not a contest. My tournament days are over. And, the only person I am in a contest with, is myself and the fish. It's about the customer's experience, and teaching them how to do what I do to catch fish. We share some laughs, listen to some great music...I get to hear some great stories from their memories...and, from time to time, we get interupted to reel in some fish.

The weather was perfect today. It was a light NE wind, partly cloudy sky, and a temp in the high 60's. (Sorry, I never even looked at the water temp today).

I had a great time with Dee, Dan, and Steve and look forward to fishing with them again next season. Dee and Steve had fished with me before, but Dan was the "new guy", so it was nice to hear that he also wanted to come back next year too. And, that made me happy...

Tomorrow's forecast is much the same as today, but the winds will be even lighter than they were today, so it should be a very enjoyable day on the lake in the morning. Woot! Woot!

Friday's trip has already been rescheduled, due to very gusty winds from the NE (30mph).
    Tomorrow, I have some return customers, and I look forward to fishing with them again. I'm pretty positive I'll be running crawlers again. They are working too well right now not to.

Stay tuned....

Capt Juls
    Attached Images Attached Images Fishing with Dee, Dan, and Steve 5/16/18-dee-steve-dan-5_16_18img_1074-jpg Fishing with Dee, Dan, and Steve 5/16/18-dee-steve-dan-5_16_18img_1079-jpg Fishing with Dee, Dan, and Steve 5/16/18-dee-steve-dan-5_16_18img_1081-jpg Fishing with Dee, Dan, and Steve 5/16/18-dee-steve-dan-5_16_18img_1083-jpg Fishing with Dee, Dan, and Steve 5/16/18-dee-steve-dan-5_16_18img_1085-jpg 
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Default nice to see harness activity picking up

was jigging in Detroit River Tuesday, took our walleye limit and a 56 inch surprise of a hog muskie ! daughter did a masterful job in the hauling in of that load. He sure was a meanie. what was your depth of water you were fishing in Jules? big boat will go in this weekend........hopefully if my 9.9 Suzi gets fixed???????

30-32 feet of water.
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Great post, outstanding photos, and well-written! I enjoy your contributions
    Polar Kraft Frontier 179 WT
    Yamaha 90 4 stroke
    Suzuki 9.9 EFI
    Minn Kota Terrova iPilot 80# w/ US2
    Lowrance Elite Ti2 9 inch
    Lowrance Elite 5x