Sunday trip with Capt Jerry on Playing Hooky charter Port Clinton Brands Marina
5th trip of year. Couple trips got cancelled due to the NE blow.
4 old farts 1 young man doing what they love. Lake started off perfect with nice breeze. First drift was east of Crib using Purple jigs with a Piece of crawler. Got 3 nice fish again in the 19-22 inch range. Not sure where all those throw backs from last year went. They were hitting in Mid April.
Then the wind died and lake turned flat and so did the Bite. We managed a few more in 16-19 ft of water. We then moved to the crib and fished 8-10 foot of water and picked away at them all bigger fish in 20-27 inch range. Once the wind picked up and switched to the SE we were able to pick up the pace. Once again short jigs less than a foot off the bottom.
We finished with 45 pounds at the cleaners and another day of memories with great friends. I did catch 1 nice 22 inch Eye casting a weapon purple #6 Colorado blade and purple beads. I had to try. Nice Job Captain
Several farm animals and some giant ones at that.
What a wonderful day on the lake weather was perfect for a change (could have used a little more wind). You captains keep posting i learn so much from you guys and Gal thank You again. Couple more May trips to go i will share what i learn from all the good folks out there.