HillbilleyeEye HillbilleyeEye HillbilleyeEye HillbilleyeEye

Thread: HillbilleyeEye

Default HillbilleyeEye

5 trips this year
    Latest trip was Wednesday. Limited out on all 5 trips jigging. Wednesday 5-2-2018 was very windy. We started out at the Beach and moved west to the reefs. Beach had produced all week until i got there and then only farm animals. Moved to crib then Toussaint then moved west to the turtle creek area. That did the Trick. Drift was so fast you would have to cast out and keep rod tip low to water to keep wind from dragging your Purple jig with Flash 4 to 6 foot at a time. Took me awhile to figure out normal jigging was way to fast.
    If you kept the rod tip low and only jigged/reeled the Bottom 6 to 12 inches at a time you would catch fish. Lots of bigger fish unlike the previous 4 trips where we caught the good eating size throwbacks from last year. most of the fish were in the 20-26 inch range. Boat had 65 pound 5 man limit at the cleaners at Brands Marina.

Next couple trips this coming weekend with Capt Jerry Playing hooky and Capt Rick R Chrystal Joy. I try and get 20 trips a year to the Lake as i have a fishing Addiction i do not want Cured.
    Thank you to all the Captains and folks posting on here it has helped me over the past 4 years to get back into the swing of things on western Lake Erie.

Blog Entries

Hillbillyeye, Thanks for the report. Want to fish sunday out of turtle creek. Looks like breezy out of south right now. Thanks for telling the method on that fast drift.

Quote Originally Posted by toms1arrow View Post
    Hillbillyeye, Thanks for the report. Want to fish sunday out of turtle creek. Looks like breezy out of south right now. Thanks for telling the method on that fast drift.
    Thank You for the offer I was already scheduled with Capt Jerry.
    5 men 20 fish 45 pounds
    several over 20 inches 4 over 25 inches