Ice Report Update Ice Report Update Ice Report Update Ice Report Update
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Ice Report Update

GENTLEMEN START YOUR ENGINES!!!!!!!! The ice is ready. Catawba SP is on. Best results in the morning were 1 1/2 Miles out to NW. The afternoon bite was 3 miles out to the NW ( Approx 1 1/2 mi SW of Green Island). Gold, Silver & Green Prism Swedish Pimples, and Silver & Blue Prizm Pimples seemed to produce the best. The ice was 10" everywhere I went and hard as concrete. The trail is being established out of Catawba so you have a safe trail to follow. Based upon the weather forcast I do not see any changes soon.

Camp Perry still need some folks to break down the chunks and create a trail. It is a nasty looking freeze up there. Looks like 1 ft stalagtites or stalagmites whichever one stands up for approx a mile. Need some fellas to bust a path.

Crane Creek "Now known as Magee Wildlife Refuge". The NW winds have closed the pressure crack. My wife stopped there today at 5:00 and reported the parking lot is loaded. Some came back with limits, some with a few, and others with none. She did not ask how far out or thickness of ice.

Based upon my previous report which was subnmitted Saturday which had 8 vehicles at Catawba SP and 7-8 shanties off the point on the reefs 500 yards offshore and what I saw Monday. WOW! The game is on. On monday we got there late 8:00 and had to work to find a parking spot. Cant imagine how many guys will be there this weekend.

Good Luck and Good Fishing
    Last edited by jiginitis69; 01-20-2009 at 05:41 PM. Reason: new information

Post Thanks / Like

Default Any numbers /Sizes

Any one getting any good numbers or sizes out of Catabwa?

Joefish Guest

I don't know where your wife went, but it wasn't crane creek. I went there today and didn't see one vehicle. Not even a trail on the ice. I seen one snowmobile track. That was it.