Trolling with power pro Trolling with power pro Trolling with power pro Trolling with power pro

Default Trolling with power pro

Wanted to get some opinions....

I troll with 30 Lb power pro. Is it necessary to run a mono leader when fishing stick baits...?

I just use Supernatural sunline 16 lb works great for me with no problems but if you want to run the 30 lb. I would say yes run a mono leader

i fish the central basin of erie and have used braid on my divers for leaders. but i use seaguar premier fluro now and seem to catch more fish. when using 30# or larger braid i do recommend using a good fluro leader.

I use mono if I'm trolling boards, I found the braid too slippery and was getting a lot of false releases. I'm using modified Sidewinder boards so if it releases board slides all the way down the line to a swivel 5ft above lure. Using mono remedied that. I do use mono leaders as well.

Thanks for your comments. I run big boards and the little scotty? clips. I'm getting the hang of setting the braid in the clips. I'll add 8 foot of flouro to my set up this year and see if it makes a difference for me. Usually by june i'm trolling jets and spoons most of the time....

I think you will achieve more hookups with a flouro leader. It gives a little bit of room for error. Braid has no stretch when the fish hits, it can be jerked out of their mouth.

With big boards I feel you can run mono or braid. I run mono on little boards. That's a must!

On big boards on the charter boat it's all 30# PowerPro! With cranks, I run a 6' mono leader with a swivel on one end and a snap on the other. Make sure to use the snap on the crankbait end. Nice thing about this setup is when I am ready for TT's and spoons...just replace the crank with spoon and add the TT in between the braid and mono and you're ready to go.
    Eriegardless Sportfishing

Offering charters for up to 6 people on a 28' Carolina Classic and 1-3 person charters on a 2021 Starcraft Fishmaster

419-702-0589

Eriegardless Sportfishing - Website
    Eriegardless Sportfishing - Facebook
    Eriegardless Custom Lures