Jigging Toussaint Reef 3-31 Jigging Toussaint Reef 3-31 Jigging Toussaint Reef 3-31 Jigging Toussaint Reef 3-31

Default Jigging Toussaint Reef 3-31

Finally made it up to the lake to Fish with a friend and his family on their new boat. We headed out of Wild Wings around 8 and headed toward Toussaint Reef. Put on two inline boards with bandits just to show him how to run them. Picked up a nice 19 incher within 10 minutes.. Only one we got as the boat would only idol at 2.4-2.8 MPH. Really suprised we got the one going that fast. TROLLING BAGS IN HIS FUTURE LOL..

Anyhow, we pulled up and started drifting about a Mile South of the reef and started banging Jigs off the bottom. We drifted about 1 mile or so past the marker and had not picked up any. So we moved back up and went started a little further west. This drift would put us about 30 yards from the marker when we went by. We ended up picking up 3 on that drift. Made two more passed and ended with 8 before the wind picked up and His wife decided she had enough of the building waves. Not a bad trip for his first trip on his new boat.

I am hoping I can get my boat up there this weekend if mother nature will let me.. Good luck everyone.

Jigging Toussaint Reef 3-31-896-jpgJigging Toussaint Reef 3-31-895-jpg

Thanks for the report Mxclutch, Yes it sounds like you need bags. You'll probably need them when you jig fish to.