Free perch? Free perch? Free perch? Free perch?

Thread: Free perch?

Default Free perch?

Sunday afternoon my buddy and I pulled our boat up the ramp at Mazurik, when a nice man in white shorts walked up and asked how we did. My buddy told him we had a good day- then the man offered to give us 25 perch. The guy said he didn't eat perch, just likes to fish. I told him we caught our limit of 60, so we could not take any more. He said OK and walked on. Since I go to NW Ontario every year, where the MNR wants to know how many walleye EACH fisherman has on the boat AND back at camp (better not total over 8 per person), I was very skeptical that he might have been with DNR. If we would have accepted, then followed him and took them that we could have had big problems for being over our legal possession limit. Am I just paranoid, or could this be a trap?

Correction- 4 walleye per person (and 4 pike).

I never heard of or seen a trap like that but I suppose it is possible better to safe than sorry.
    Thanks Matt

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

Blog Entries

I'm curious if you said you had a nice day you did not need any fish he no doubt knows the rules if he "likes to fish" so I'm with you on the bait trap . Its not being paranoid its true I have seen some one get set up before . friend of mine was given some fish and then stopped by game warden with over the bag limit it was such a huge coincidence that he was stopped right after he received the gift . My mama always told me not to take fish from Strangers !