Walleye to be Had? Walleye to be Had? Walleye to be Had? Walleye to be Had?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Walleye to be Had?

Coming up tomorrow for some perch fishing through wednesday. Anybody know of any walleye to be had? I can drift/Cast or troll metal,plastic, or meat. Coming from Chicago Going to be in island area but not afraid to fish from west sister to huron.

Thanks

Was catching some at avon point drifting using weapons drifting 35 fow

I haven't seen or heard any walleye reports around the islands lately. Most are perching. One guy at the marina suggested i go out north of cedar point but i haven't done so yet. Heading back up this weekend. Anyone catching eyes near CP?

In the fall I know people do really well off of Huron. If you get bored with the perch you could always head east of Kelly's. Out from Cedar Point or Huron. I don't think we're quite there yet but you could find some early schools to arrive. Does anyone actually know where they go or why they slowdown mid July through October? I guess there is plenty of food all spring and early summer for them. Maybe they just don't feed as much but are closer to their normal spots than we think?

I would say the walleye bite usually tapers off around the first week in August.That is when most guys switch over to perch.The reason the walleye bite tapers off,is the water temp increases to point that they seek out the deepest colder water and become more lathergic.The schools of walleye that are out by Astabula now will start migrating back west as the water cools.That may take some time till they reach Huron though.There used to be good fishing around Huron in October,but recently the fishing didn't get good till mid November last year.They used to have a big,popular walleye tournament in early October.The last two years,bad weather and poor fishing made them not having the tourney this year.

Huron area is hot right now. You'll get mixed information. I fish almost every weekend and some during the week. This past weekend was killer in Huron "area". North of the Huron dump has been ok for 2 months. Weather bouy has been ok for 2 months, but the area between the two about 5-7 miles north of cranberry is on fire. 44 fow. Spoons or cranks and color don't matter. Spoons caught smaller fish which has been the case for me for a long time. Used 50/50 with a 2 ounce on bandits. Bandits 160 back no snap. Reef runner 120 back and flicker 11 50/50 all caught fish. Saturday had two man in about 2 hours. Not them little fish either. Big fish are on the move. Anyhow use your graph and find em and fish em. Pretty easy really.

Oh yea and it was the same thing Sunday. Went another mile out to get the last three and they ended up being hogs. 26-28 8 and a half pounders. My friends out east are still doing great too. Not all walleye seek that 70 fow in the summer, Millions stay in the 40-50. I can catch walleye in Huron any day of the year, period. My 2 cents.

What were your best colors Brian. Great report also !!
    Fish as much as you can...we're not here forever.

I don't have a great setup to troll, can I catch walleye now drifting ?

If I was going to put a color on it then it'd have green on it. I can't say how you'd do drift casting weapons. You have to find some marks and try.