Perch Report Friday 8/25 Perch Report Friday 8/25 Perch Report Friday 8/25 Perch Report Friday 8/25

Default Perch Report Friday 8/25

Took us all day to find some, but we finally did. Wanted to go East of Ballast where we heard good reports, but it seemed way too rough early in the day, nice NE swells. So we hid south of Green Island, picked up 4 perch in 2 hours there. Fished south of Rattlesnake, picked up 2 perch in 2 hours there. Ran all the back in towards F and G cans, nobody fishing, no marks, didnt even try it. Ran right back outside of our cut at the C.I.C. Green can and it was on. 30-35 perch in 2 hours. All perch were 8-10 inches with no throwbacks. It was a nice steady pick there, would have limit of 60 but we had to be in by 7 pm. I would definitely recommend stopping in there and giving it a try before you run 12 miles out. There were just 3 boats, we were 50-100 yards west of the can. Good luck guys

oh. forgot to add.....taking the fish to the cleaners now, will post pounds and total count later. Mix of goldies and pinheads, both produced fish, towards the end goldies worked better.

Hey castingkid what/where is C.I.C?

Catawba Island Club,,, north west corner of Catawba

Thank you very much, I'll be heading out that way from Toledo/Meinke Marina this weekend. Any other hot sports I can try?

I had a friend fishing the CIC bouy too, same day and time with a toal of just 4 perch. A good example just how spotty and tough this year's perch fishing has been.

I have to agree, over here in the Western Basin it's been a ruff August. Went out Saturday all day and caught 4 Perch, tried it again Sunday for three hours and caught 1. July 23 and 30 I had two limits???

Took 4 kids ages 10,7,4,2 to this area Sunday for a boat ride and a few hrs of fishing. Little one for what they do, play in the minnows and drop a cheap Walmart pole overboard. Only fished about an hr, had 5, lots of very nice marks, but just a couple taste testers. The kids were not coming up bare hooked so not like it was a light bite or anything. Boy once they turn on it should be a good perch times with the sizes this year