Swollen Bandits Swollen Bandits Swollen Bandits Swollen Bandits
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swollen Bandits

Default Swollen Bandits

I have a box of Bandits that I've been using all spring with great success. I went fishing yesterday for the first time in two weeks. When I pulled out my plano box full of bandits, something looked 'off' with the lures. Upon further inspection, almost all of them were swollen to the point of disfigurement and the paint started splitting as a result of the lure's expansion. I attached a picture. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm assuming that this was caused by high temperatures in the box. But only the bandits were effected. None of the other cranks - husky jerks, smithwick's, were effected. I've reached out to the manufacturer. Hopefully they work with me for replacements.
    Attached Images Attached Images Swollen Bandits-img_2362-jpg 

I have had it happen to reef runners in the past. Probably my fault as I left my Plano lure box out in the sun closed while fishing one day.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

I have had lures do this, some have thinner walls so they melt quicker than others. The air expands inside. Human error! I lost 2 earlier this year. Direct sunlight in a enclosed box. Had this happen with other brands and types of crankbaits, stickbaits

thanks for sharing! good to know. sorry about the unfortunate luck hope they work things out with you

I have lost 8-10 Tru Trip 40s the same way.. in a clear tackle box, in the sun, while fishing. Lesson learned.

I have had 4 bandits do the same.from clear box and sun.

have not had this happen yet but did get one that was out of tune that it would surface

After reading past posts about how heat can damage the bandits,was worried might have a problem with mine.The guy I fished with removed my tacklebox from boat and put in his car for a trip to Put In Bay.Was worried that heat from car may have damaged my bandits.Looked at them last night and they appear to look ok to me.Just a warning to others about being carefull with their bandit investment.

My plastic storage for my cranks has drain slots, I keep all my boxes in a storange bag, in a shaded place in the boat. I do know if you leave them, your worm harness, and your rods if colored they can fade out in the sun.

I wanted to let everyone know that the manufacturer recently got back to me about this issue.

They want me to send the lures back to them. They will inspect the lures for possible defects. If they determine that the damage was caused by something other than normal wear/tear or user negligence, they will stand by their product and replace them.

Based on all of the replies in this post, it appears that the fault lies with me for letting the lures get too hot. So this might fall into the negligence category. I guess we'll see.

In their reply to my request, they said that 'Feedback from our customers in an integral part of our business and we encourage it'. It is nice to see a company stand behind their product. It makes me want to buy more of their stuff, which I intend to do.

So off the lures go back to the manufacturer. I will update this post with the final result.