Bungee pulley system Bungee pulley system Bungee pulley system Bungee pulley system

Default Bungee pulley system

Can someone tell me how the bungee system works or explain how it's made for tow line? I know Captain Jim and some others run this system. Would like to try and make it myself. Appreciate any help. Thanks Mike.

I have the Amish outfitters board shockers, they are a 2ft piece of heavy surgical tubing, with 2 heavy , I think #8 snap swivels. About 600lb. Braid ran through the tubing about a ft. Longer than the tubing, then the swivels are tired on. Push excess braid inside slip the tubing over the swivels and zippy tie them around the barrel of the swivels. That way it can stretch up to a ft.before the braid comes into play. Probably cheaper just to buy a set. I know I like to tinker with stuff myself. Good luck!
    Last edited by Frank; 07-06-2017 at 07:33 AM.

All 4 eye hunter boats use a system. They are basically just long very heavy duty marine grade bungee cords that take up the pressure of the heavy pulled from bumps and here's from bigger waves. Allows the boards to run smoother.

Line leave the main spool goes forwards through a high quality pulley, then rearward through another pulley then out to th board. Make sure the line can not slide of pulley and get pinched between the pulley and housing holding the axis the pulley spins on or the line can get cut or damaged. Don't chea out here, good ones are about 50 bucks each.

Ok so where does the long bungee attach to?

Up toward the front of the boat on one end and to the pulley on the other. Line goes from reel through pulley on other end of the bungee, then rearward again to a second pulley, then out to boards. Depending on how high up you mount the second pulley, you might need a third on a pull line to lower it to hook clips onto the line. This pull rope can also be used to make a few feet of depth adjust to the line by just pulling it lower or letting it raise up.

The bungee attaches to the end of the tow line and connects it to the planer board.

HYPO

Here is a picture

Bungee pulley system-img_20140530_123120450-jpg

Ok thanks guys I think I got it now. Just have to tell wife I need MORE equipment lol.

Might be worth your time to check out some of the guys boats at channel grove. They are all real helpful and wont mind showing you their setups.