Crane Creek 7-2-17 Crane Creek 7-2-17 Crane Creek 7-2-17 Crane Creek 7-2-17

Default Crane Creek 7-2-17

Fished ENE out of Meinke West 8:30 - 1:30 3 man limit 16"-23" most were closer to 18". Using down riggers 3' off the bottom trolling Moonshine Golden Eye spoons and Michigan stinger spoons with crawlers trailing. 15 white bass 1 sheep head and 25 -30 shorts (didn't keep count) Just spoons caught very few White Bass. 20-24 FOW average 2.2 mph very busy day with all of the shorts, never a dull minute. Kept nothing under 16" as measured on the cooler lid markings, (not sure how accurate they are).
    Not too many boats in the area and only one charter and they were doing big ovals so they must have had a school of keepers located.

Want to try deeper water this weekend to see if there are any bigger fish around maybe NE of West Sister.

Had Walleye fillets Sunday evening using Drakes/beer batter mix and made the batter very thin so very little breading on the fish. (Wife's preferred method) hard to beat a good meal of walleye.

Sure is tough to beat a good walleye. I prefer the smaller guys. I get to eating just walleye the heck with the sides!!! Makes my tounge jump up and slap my tonsils around! Lmao!

u guys making me hungry for walleye maybe fresh eyes for dinner thursday leaving at 6 am

Good luck rscotfish

Saturday 7-16 was another good day for the 16-18" walleye. 2 man limit 8:30-1:30. Started at the intake headed toward A can trolling spoons and a DDHJ. Couldn't get a bite on the DDHJ but the shorts kept us busy on the other three lines. About a 3-1 ration of shorts to keepers using down riggers in the bottom 5 feet of water. Moonshine golden eye was the hot color but they hit chrome spoons as well.
    Reg and yellow-green reflective tape on the bottom of the spoons made a difference.

Picked up at A can ran to B can tried the deeper water never had a bite following the same patterns but we tried 15-28' down....no takers

Headed in as it was getting too hot around noon, picked up our last two keepers between A can and the intake.