drift fishing report 7-1 drift fishing report 7-1 drift fishing report 7-1 drift fishing report 7-1

Cool drift fishing report 7-1

went out with northcoast charters. Boat is docked at meinkes west. Fished 4 miles west of west sister island. I casted a gold erie derie for awhile that landed 2 keepers than i switched to a mayfly rig (weapon). Ended up with 2 more keepers on the gold mayfly rig. We were in 30ft of water so i casted out counted to 12 working the swing. We also had 4 bottom bouncers out that produced 14 of the 24 fish we caught. My dad landed a hog of a fish going 30' 10lb on a bottom bouncer. I have pics just need to figure out how to post. While trying to the land the fish the net snapped in the water but thank the lord the fish didnt come off and i had time to grab the other net and bring the monster in. Looks like my dad has his first fish ohio at the young age of 71. Just goes to show you after fishing lake erie for 50 years those are once in a lifetime fish and he is having it mounted. Great day out on lake had a great breeze all day that helped us with the bouncers. Ended with a 4 man limit. Left dock at 6am caught last fish at 2pm. Also easily caught 60 small eyes but im sure you guys already know. The rest of the keepers were 17-22 inches .

tell greg i said congratulations now he will need to go to a 12 pounder tell him i said hi nice fish we were fishing same area now we been fishing right out in front 16 - 22 ft of water but its been 10 - 1 for keepers going perching next 2 days getting perch in close buddy just called and they were in 20 ft getting there fish

Are you using emerold shinners or goldies?

Default Perch Bait

Quote Originally Posted by 3labs View Post
    Are you using emerold shinners or goldies?
    I just found an online site...fishsens magazine.com that featured an article on alternative bait for Lake Erie Perch. One page, easy to read written last September. Good tips and some common sense reasoning.

Were those perch around the intake? I saw several marks today that resembled "perch balls"

I use bell;y strips from a white perch, they are tough and catch many perch on the same strips. Seems to work best once the bite gets rolling good.
    PimplePounder

Ranger Cherokee 237 18ft.
    115 HP. Johnson SPL
    15 HP Merc. Kicker
    Xi5 Motorguide Auto Anchor/GPS
    FL-20 Vexilar
    898 HD DI SI Humminbird GPS
    Navonics Premium

that 20 ft of water was in front of wards canal [ metzgers marsh] the pier he ended day with 75 for 3 guys nice fish

Son and I perch fished yesterday. he wanted to go to Wards and I talked him in to B. Was slow but we managed 40 before they quit for us. Told him let's go to Wards and try . We dock at Turtle Creek so it was kind of close to home anyway. 2 other boats there so we went in between them. At least a hundred yards between us. As I was getting my rods ready my boy caught one. It was up and down for the last 20. Very nice fish. Couple sheeps all day. 22 feet on my gps. Goldies.

Default Wards area

Quote Originally Posted by Justretired View Post
    Son and I perch fished yesterday. he wanted to go to Wards and I talked him in to B. Was slow but we managed 40 before they quit for us. Told him let's go to Wards and try . We dock at Turtle Creek so it was kind of close to home anyway. 2 other boats there so we went in between them. At least a hundred yards between us. As I was getting my rods ready my boy caught one. It was up and down for the last 20. Very nice fish. Couple sheeps all day. 22 feet on my gps. Goldies.
    We got limits of nice perch in the Wards area yesterday and Wednesday. One day on shiners the other we had to use goldies. Both worked good. We did catch more shorty walleyes and junk on the shiners.