Parish Lures & Zap Lure Company Parish Lures & Zap Lure Company Parish Lures & Zap Lure Company Parish Lures & Zap Lure Company

Default Parish Lures & Zap Lure Company

Sad article in Toledo about the passing of Dennis Bryant, owner of Zap Lure Company. Many of you cut teeth on the Parrish Pea made by that company!

But good to know that a local Toledoan has purchased the business and is going to try to keep it going! Lets support him!

I hope they continue to make the "Parish Banana" line of their lures... in my view it is absolutely the best weight forward made! Casts long, spins nice, doesn't tangle on sinking, hooks and holds, and best of all really catches walleye! As a caster I have found nothing better than the banana and even prefer it over weapons or mayfly rigs. I have a few laid back (glad I bought a bunch last year!) but will need a resupply soon!

One good thing, with all those throwback walleye out there that are coming on, he is getting into the business at the right time! Hope the new owner makes it go!

Right now the website doesn't work for ordering lures but I hope the have it back up and running soon! Read the article at the link below:

http://www.bcsn.tv/news_article/show/809228

I always visited Dennis place of business before my fly-in Canadian trips. He made the best jigs with a shank long enough for both a twister tail and a piece of nightcrawler. Best of all you did not have to punch out the eye where you tied the knot. After a few years I had more jigs than I could ever use, but I still would buy them just to chat about fishing.