inline boards please help!! inline boards please help!! inline boards please help!! inline boards please help!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default inline boards please help!!

i'm having difficult keeping my line in the clamp on my offshore tackle boards. the line slips through and will not allow my tattle flag to actually tattle on any fish that get on. are there any upgrade clips or maybe a certain way i need to put the line in the clip. please help!!

Yes there are upgraded clips, don't know the number, maybe or12, but they are the red ones, also if your using braid they don't work very well.

I want to second Baydogs comment about braid. I love braid and have it on all my rods EXCEPT my line counter trolling rods. Tried it and had a bunch of false releases, went back to mono and clips hold real well.

Churches lock jaw clamp work great

I wrap my line around the main clip to the line twice so it can't release (have to take the board off while reeling in) and than for the tattle flag make sure you leave some slack (2 inches) and for the tattle clip there is a little button in the middle of it. Make sure you clip inside that button. Hope that helps!

I always just wrap the line around the clip once and never have any problems. It takes an extra 2 seconds to release the board but I rarely ever lose a fish.

I think eyecrazy and I are kind of on the same page. Just wrap the line in the clips in such a way they can't release. As he/she said, I've yet to lose a fish while taking my board off the line. Boards were frustrating today... Shorts finally decided to go for my bandits. Drug a few around for a while before noticing. Tattle flags were set to the correct tension but these fish were barely bigger than the bandits lol

I use PowerPro braid and Offshore boards. I have the heavy duty red clips with the pin, but the slack to make the flag work will slip through and tighten up with braid. Then the flag will not work and you end up towing dinks around. I just wrap the rear clip with a loop around this clip and behind the pin. It will not slip this way, but it does take a little getting used to unhooking and reconnecting. Especially with old eyes and arthritis.

But it works great.
    PimplePounder

Ranger Cherokee 237 18ft.
    115 HP. Johnson SPL
    15 HP Merc. Kicker
    Xi5 Motorguide Auto Anchor/GPS
    FL-20 Vexilar
    898 HD DI SI Humminbird GPS
    Navonics Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Pauken23 View Post
    I wrap my line around the main clip to the line twice so it can't release (have to take the board off while reeling in) and than for the tattle flag make sure you leave some slack (2 inches) and for the tattle clip there is a little button in the middle of it. Make sure you clip inside that button. Hope that helps!

so i should be using the red clip and not the orange one in the rear? for some reason i watched a video on youtube and the guy said to switch the clips around. i have the upgraded adjustable clips in the front. maybe i should go back to the red clip in the rear so my line (12 lb big game) wont slip out and not allow the tattle flag to go down. i can't tell you how many times i've reeled in the board and there was a fish on there. i'm starting to get upset with these damn boards i've spent over a 100 dollars on. really want to get this figured out.

Ok, so you can't avoid missing having a fish on the board sometimes. Good to check them periodically. That being said, I use the basic clips that come with the boards and just wrap them through the clips in such a way they can't release. Just experiment and you'll find what works. Try putting the line through the clip and then loop it back around a put it through one or two more times. Boards are frustrating at first but helpful in the long run. Again, I keep my boards in line until they're reeled up to the boat. I then take the board off and reel the fish in. You could even get creative and "jimmy rig" it somehow. Just think of any way you can get those clips to be solid but yet able to be taken off at the boat.