Fish cleaning Fish cleaning Fish cleaning Fish cleaning
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fish cleaning

Default Fish cleaning

After catching our fish past Friday,brought in fish to Bays Edge to get cleaned.Said was a three hour wait to get done.We decided to take home to clean ourselves.Since Bombas closed more of the charters are taking their fish to get done at Bays Edge and we are having a longer wait to get cleaned.Also a lot of fish being caught.Can I get the name and number of others that clean fish in Port Clinton area I may not be aware of so can have other options on getting our fish cleaned.Thanks!

Marblehead Fish cleaning company.

Address: 369 Bridge Rd, Lakeside Marblehead, OH 43440

Phone: (419) 734-4825

Walleye- 0.50 cents per pound.
    Perch- $1.00 per pound.

Conditions are a little rough inside. That said, I have taken all my fish to them since Bombas closed and havent had an issue.

I have several friends that went to this fish cleaning house and seen fisherman from wisconson bring walleye 10 inches and above to be cleaned. They should refuse to clean walleyes under 15 inches.

I use Marblehead fish cleaning or Sassy Sal's in downtown Port Clinton. Marblehead fish cleaning will back up for hours also at times.

I forget the bame, but there is a cleaner right there at brands too. I think there is also one at drawbridge. I have used the one at brands for my perch for years. He does great and is reasonable

We always go a bit further west to Cutcher's Fish Cleaning, he charges $1 a Walleye I believe and the guys do great work.

Cutcher's
    8480 Letz Road
    Oak Harbor, OH
    419-250-2090

That $.50 per pound is usually live weight and adds up fast with a cooler full or several boats in a group, we make that mistake at Curly's once and had cleaning fee of over $100. We usually give the guys at Cutcher's a VERY healthy tip because it's still cheaper then getting charged live weight.

Cutchers does charge live weight. 1.25 a pound last couple years. Does a very good job.

That's for Perch, not for Walleye.

Is also recommend Catcher's. We've only taken perch to them but you can't beat their per-fish instead of per-pound pricing. They raised their price 2 years ago, they're $1.25 or $1.50 per walleye, but considering that's what most places charge per pound and every legal walleye is at least a pound, it's a ton cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by WI Walleye View Post
    We always go a bit further west to Cutcher's Fish Cleaning, he charges $1 a Walleye I believe and the guys do great work.

Cutcher's
    8480 Letz Road
    Oak Harbor, OH
    419-250-2090

That $.50 per pound is usually live weight and adds up fast with a cooler full or several boats in a group, we make that mistake at Curly's once and had cleaning fee of over $100. We usually give the guys at Cutcher's a VERY healthy tip because it's still cheaper then getting charged live weight.
    Cutcher is a machine ...1 dollar a fish