Rod holders? Rod holders? Rod holders? Rod holders?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rod holders?

Default Rod holders?

Are there any triple rod holder mounts that are able to come off each time. Our boat cover requires them to be taken off each time. Thanks for any help!

Do a Google search for "Trident Rod Holder"

I see some are aluminum. Mine are Stainless.

There are double set of grooves in the pipe that slides into the gunnel rod holder on mine so they can be rotated every 90 degrees to run of the back or the side. They work great for me.

I built a Big John adjustable single holder to run off the rear gunnel with a Dipsey. So I can run 3 rods off each big board and a single rod on each side with a Dipsey keeping the spacing better than 4 rods off a big board on each side.

Hope this helps.

Much cheeper than running a Big John Track systems all the way around.

I use scottys rocket launchers. 476 with the 441 backing plate. Had less than 20 per holder with mounting g plate and everything. I run 3 a side. They pop on and off in seconds, have adjustable angle, and I run with the rods straight up across the water with no issues. 6 will be less than 120 bucks. Only fall back is the 4 holes per mount to drill.

Are the trident rod holders removable? I will look into all options

I have the titeloc ones with a base that slides into a 6 inch piece of track. I take them on and off. I added a set screw to make sure they didn't come out

]Rod holders?-image-jpgRod holders?-image-png

Cisco has rail and track quick release. My buddies use the double holders with quick release. They love them
    Attached Images Attached Images Rod holders?-image-jpeg 

Rod holders?-image-jpegRod holders?-image-jpegRod holders?-image-jpeg We have 60 " tracks and use the Scotty system. We leave the track adapter and rod holder base on all the time. Then we just remove the extension and rod holder to put our cover on. This is not as pricey as the Cisco. We love it been using it 3 years now.

I used the Scotty's Triples. One base and 3 rod holders. One pop all three holders out for storage. I think the stock number was No. 256.

Gene

Cisco are the best. They are machined from solid aluminum and are extremely solid. You can get get a triple cross plate that attaches to a single mounting point that can be removed and installed easily.

I use Scotty rod holders. I worked with a guy who lives in Vancouver and is a charter boat captain there. I had always discounted the Scotty line of products as 'not strong enough' From what he told me, in the Pacific Northwest, a lot of salmon boats use Scotty rod holders. Since I needed to rig an entire boat with aspirations of trolling for Walleye on Lake Erie and salmon on Lake Ontario, I took a chance and went with the Scotty rod holders.

Here is a picture of a Scotty triple holder running a 12 color leadcore in the front holder, a dipsy diver in the middle holder and a stacked downrigger line in the rear position. They may be 'plastic', but from my experience they are durable enough for use in the Great Lakes. Probably would have issues with a large Muskie, but for walleye and salmon fishing, you can get by with this setup. Just keep the drag set at a reasonable tension.
    Rod holders?-scottytriple-jpg

You can also mount more than just rod holders. Using Scotty's 'electronics mount', I mounted a RAM iPad mount and repeat the display from my HDS. Can do the same with a FishHawk 4xd.
    Rod holders?-scottyipadmount-jpg