when the walleye arnt biting...smallies? when the walleye arnt biting...smallies? when the walleye arnt biting...smallies? when the walleye arnt biting...smallies?

Default when the walleye arnt biting...smallies?

Any advise on fishing/finding small mouth this time of year? I launch out of the Turtle creek area and have spent some time around little sister but minimal luck.

East side of Kelly'S using Carolina rigged softcraws. Find 15-20 of water with a hard bottom

Couldn't post a pic but I caught a 21 and a half inch small mouth just right where Tabsier, said, only it was a freak catch, trolling bandits for walleye, last week, I'm really not much into bass fishing but I have done some over the years, it was the biggest one I have ever seen.

where can you purchase softcraws?

I picked 1 up in front of moose thrusday trolling bandit for walleye, then over clinton reef on sunday I know between 2 boats fishing for walleye trolling bandit 3 more were cought. But the west side of kellies just off the old stone dock is a good spot. Just remember it's still caught and release only.

Reside in Columbus, OH. Have place in Perrysburg, OH.

The Smallmouth aren't on the spawn yet, or just starting, so they can be found all over, shallow and deeper water. Any of the islands shorelines and shoals and the reefs hold smallmouth. Two areas that don't get fished as much because of boat traffic are south of South Bass Island in the South Passage (good rock structure there) and the South Bass Island shoal east of Buckeye Point to the red buoy. If you fish during the week or early morning / late evening these two places are good spots. Otherwise there is no need to run a long distance, just start with the closest reef, shoal, or island shoreline areas. The bass haven't been targeted much yet so even the close areas should produce. But make sure you handle the fish carefully and return ASAP to the water. Catch and release only. Once the spawn starts you should not fish for smallmouth, as removing one from a nest for only a few minutes can result in losing the entire nest eggs to gobies. While scuba diving I've seen smallmouth nests surrounded by gobies and the poor bass was doing all it could to keep them out. Dozens of the gobies surrounding the nest, just waiting for an opportunity to rush in and grab some eggs.