Really rude captain Really rude captain Really rude captain Really rude captain
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Really rude captain

Sunday morning I was in front of Bessie drifting and jigging/casting when SEA BREEZE 21 trolled within 20 feet of my boat in the direction we were casting. I gave a holler at the boat in a respectable(somewhat) tone and the captain proceeded to come out from the wheel and called me pretty much every name in the book. He also threatened to come over and.. well you can take it from there. All of this with my 15 year old son on the boat. Now im not sure why SEA BREEZE would permit such a person to captain one of their boats so I called SEA BREEZE charters and left my name and number hoping for a return call so I could explain what happened. Guess what? Not even a return call from the owner. Now I have no plans to charter a boat in the near future but this would be the very last number on my list. Now I'm not sure if anyone from this charter business reads this or not but if they do please let the owner know I would love to talk with him. What an experience and another black eye for trollers.

feel your pain. sunday afternoon on niagara I had a guy come right up behind me so close that I couldn't even cast off the back of the boat until he got by us. and the sad thing is there were 3 boats in the whole area. just don't understand why on such a big lake we have to be right on top of each other. oh well no harm no foul i guess...sorry about rambling on

I was fishing the same area on the reefs and watching a Sea Breeze boat I thought was jockeying around thought he was looking
    for marks but he got close to others. I packed up and moved west of the pack and started my troll west and never looked back.
    It a shame that a outfitter that big allows that sort of person to charter his boats. Here's hoping he calls and things are amicably resolved.

Gene

Quote Originally Posted by BtweenShots View Post
    I was fishing the same area on the reefs and watching a Sea Breeze boat I thought was jockeying around thought he was looking
    for marks but he got close to others. I packed up and moved west of the pack and started my troll west and never looked back.
    It a shame that a outfitter that big allows that sort of person to charter his boats. Here's hoping he calls and things are amicably resolved.

Gene
    I guess im not the only one then. I don't personally troll and don't have anything against those who do. They actually caught a walleye as they passed and the guy actually yelled back "I caught your fish as@$%@#". I'm going to send an email to SEA BREEZE to see if I get a reply that way. On a good note we did catch 6 keepers and a few shorts in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
    I guess im not the only one then. I don't personally troll and don't have anything against those who do. They actually caught a walleye as they passed and the guy actually yelled back "I caught your fish as@$%@#". I'm going to send an email to SEA BREEZE to see if I get a reply that way. On a good note we did catch 6 keepers and a few shorts in the area.
    Rule of thumb is boat under power gives way to drifting boat (not under power) gives way to anchored boat.

Default Sea Breeze Experience.

Sunday morning I was in front of Bessie drifting and jigging/casting when SEA BREEZE 21 trolled within 20 feet of my boat in the direction we were casting. I gave a holler at the boat in a respectable(somewhat) tone and the captain proceeded to come out from the wheel and called me pretty much every name in the book. He also threatened to come over and.. well you can take it from there. All of this with my 15 year old son on the boat. Now im not sure why SEA BREEZE would permit such a person to captain one of their boats so I called SEA BREEZE charters and left my name and number hoping for a return call so I could explain what happened. Guess what? Not even a return call from the owner. Now I have no plans to charter a boat in the near future but this would be the very last number on my list. Now I'm not sure if anyone from this charter business reads this or not but if they do please let the owner know I would love to talk with him. What an experience and another black eye for trollers.
    I have taken 2 different Sea Breeze charters and both of the captains were absolute jerks. I would never recommend them to anyone. They are just money grabbers and most of the other charter captains that I have talked to in the Wild wings area do not speak very well of them. You will probably not get any response from their management I complained both times and never got a return call. Im sure thats why their captains act the way they do it is a reflection of their management.

Back in the day when we did cast in the big pack of boats,would get trollers that came so close to us that had to stop casting.Was mostly small private boats.Did no good to yell at them because they were either oblivious they interfered with your fishing or just didn't care.Same story on the road.Some people have lack of respect for others.Would think of ways I could cast into their lines and tangle them all up.Never did think of way to do it without wrecking my gear and interfere with our fishing.We do most of our casting now in Canada, so have not had a problem with a troller coming too close due to lack of other boats.I am unfamiliar with the Sea Breeze charters,but social media now has ways of taking care of businesses that are inconsiderate to the public.

I wonder if a call to the USCG might have been the thing to do? It seems there is quite a bit of this lately, kinda like road rage.

I'm sure a nice cell phone video would make great evidence

Sometimes things get tight when you are working a school of fish and more boats start coming in on the action. I'll admit there have been times when I've been put in a pinch and had to be closer to another boat than I intended to be. The difference is I try to tip my hat and apologize rather than scream and threaten the other fisherman.

There are always going to be a few of those people who think they own the lake and their mothers never taught them any maners.