Kicker motor question Kicker motor question Kicker motor question Kicker motor question

Default Kicker motor question

1st I want to apologize as I know this isn't a classified section board. For a few years I've been looking for a used Yamaha kicker T8/9.9 for my 2006 stratos 386XF.. I'm at a loss as to the best place to search for these outboards? google, ebay, craigslist have all proven to provide little options. Is this because these motors are just not out there for sale? they run a long time so I'm assuming they just aren't for sale that often. I would love to troll and would rather use a kicker than throw out drift bags etc. any direction would be greatly appreciated. Not sure if there are any places around Port clinton/western basin that deals in used outboards? I want to join the trolling community!!

thanks everyone!

I use searchtempest.com to do craigslist radius searchs. I just sold a Yamaha 8hp short shaft on pittsburghs craigslist so you probably never seen it. With searchtempest you can have saved searches that will search all the sites in an area like u usually search 200 miles from pittsburgh as my default. I found on ebay a 9.9 high thrust extra long shaft and found the person that had it. I called them because they are in a city that i visit for work so it was easy for me to pick up and i saved 400 off their buy it now price with cash and local pickup. I searched often and watched the activity on it so it was a easy deal. The one i got was electric start and in perfect shape only had about 10 hours on it but it is a 2007. I ran it there and took it home with me for $1500. So look around and use the saved searches to your advantage.

I'm in the same boat as you are bdrieck... I like to troll, but only have the one motor as of now. While I am only in a 16.25' Lund with a 50hp Merc, it still tends to run a bit faster than I would like (1.8 to 2.2mph Depending on wind and waves) Been thinking about adding a trolling plate to my outboard. Been eyeing one that includes a bit of a boost (Hydrofoil) to the lifting power of the motor to help get me on plane a bit faster.

I purchased a used evinrude 7.5hp through craigsliat. It's a much older motor than your looking for seeing it's an 82 2 stroke. But it actually matched the year and make of my 115hp I had on my boat already.

I picked mine up for 150 bucks, needed to replace the helix in the twist throttle( found NOS kit on ebay for 50) 2 new plugs and it runs perfect. Purchased a used ez steer system from a board member here that offered me one for 100 bucks. And had about 10 to tie into my main fuel line for supply. I'm a touch over 300 in it seems to work nice the 1 time so far I got to use it. Still had to use bags that day, it was a little rough and to keep steering control I had to throttle up, I'm sure in calmer waters that won't be the case.

I will end up getting a bracket for it, mine is a short shaft and sometimes in the waves you hear it unload, and the prop drags through the water when on plane, I did not see any speed drop through. But even with a good bracket I won't be over 500 in it all. Which I think is a good deal.

I know outboard marine in port clinton has some prepped units they have serviced and are ready to go.....not sure what they have in stk but you can call and ask, they are super nice. If they don't have what you looking for I bet they point you in a direction

I have a 9.9 merc 4 stroke long shaft with electric start set up for remote throttle and steering that I would be willing to sell. Guessing I bought it in 2000? Hardly ever used it. PM for details....

Blog Entries

Do you still have 9 .9 merc for sale if so how much

Blog Entries

My number is 203-8938120