Bad weather Bad weather Bad weather Bad weather
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bad weather

Default Bad weather

Anybody else tired of the wind we have had this year. Been the worst spring in 5 years. Hope May treats us better.

Funny, I was just complaining to my wife about the wind and literally opened this while I was complaining. So, yes I am sick of the wind! Only been up 1 time this year because it seems like it's raining or high winds every weekend. I opted to take last Friday off to fish and worked Saturday instead since it was going to rain.

Better days are coming! I just wish they would hurry the heck up!

Living in WI and looking for a three day window to make a trip over, and hope to fish all three days - have not found one yet. I could be missing out, but not being fully sure of how much wind can be tolerated I mix in all the east wind, and it pretty much eliminated April. Even this coming week, just doesn't work for me to make the trip solo in my 17' boat.

Can't say how bummed I am about it. Getting here was suppose to be my 2017 bucket list thing. The big spring trip.

Now as we get into May, not even sure if my trolling cranks option is a good one? I assume jigging gets skinny now.

Yes the jig bite should be slowing down....may is usually great harness fishing though. This is the first year I have not gone early spring after the big girls. Pretty disappointed.

Blame me for this week folks. I shoulda warned you cause I knew it was coming. My wife is away all this week on a trip. I purposely scheduled off work all this week to be free to fish a bunch. Happens every time. Instead I sit here looking at the wind and rain - not making any money, can't fish, can't work in the yard and nothing to keep me warm at night. I too am sick of the wind this spring. (As a scientist I would point out that the climate models show increasing spring storms and spring instability, but heck, no need to start WWIII on here with us all already suffering from cabin fever). I will give you another heads up though...May 19 I am heading to Canada for a week, so May 19 -27 weather on Erie should be perfect and the fish will be jumping in the boat here!
    Last edited by LEfriend; 05-02-2017 at 06:34 AM.

We'll get out there one of these days. Good excuse for me to stay home and chip away at my to-do list.

Was up there last weekend and cancelled sat. due to weather. Spent the morning having coffe at bays edge, then big boppers, then channel grove, then just sitting on the porch relaxing with a few fellow captains. In the afternoon, installed new wiper motors on the boat. Kind of enjoyed the day off. Went out sunday and battled the wind to get 14 walleye, of which 3 were fisho's. This week isnt looking good at all so far.

I've been up once this year to drop off the boat to get the engine put back in. We brought the 17' duck boat up going to get out for the jig bite but 15-20 our of the northeast is too much. The last 3 weekends have been pretty crappy weather and the forecast for this weekend doesn't look great last time I checked. Hoping to get the big boat in Friday, at least then we can get out in the 3-5s if need be.

No fun there!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoytman86 View Post
    I've been up once this year to drop off the boat to get the engine put back in. We brought the 17' duck boat up going to get out for the jig bite but 15-20 our of the northeast is too much. The last 3 weekends have been pretty crappy weather and the forecast for this weekend doesn't look great last time I checked. Hoping to get the big boat in Friday, at least then we can get out in the 3-5s if need be.
    F Troop 9th Cav 1st Air Cav

I had a planned a trip starting Thursday AM thew Sunday this week with my 2 boys, but after looking at iwindsurf I canceled the trip. Know I will have to wait till next year to get there. Put out a lot of money for the trip in lures and other equipment but I can still use it on the next trip hopefully next spring. I thought for sure we could get at least 2 days of fishing in out of 4. I guess that's mother nature just not cooperating.