Sat 4-22 Sat 4-22 Sat 4-22 Sat 4-22
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sat 4-22

Default Sat 4-22

Based on current weather predictions. Will the walleye be hitting Saturday? I have a 2+ hour drive pulling 23' and don't know if I should? Thanks

Should be good. A little cooler but the bite is on

You will have a NE wind 10 to 20 nots the lake will be kicking they are say 1 to 3 foot witch means 3 to 5 footers im staying home and im 1hr45

Speaking as someone who has fished the lake for over 40 years, when the wind is out of the NE at any measurable speed stay home. If the word breezy pops into the forecast from any direction, stay off the lake. My boat is on a trailer at Catawba but I live
    2 1/2 hours away so I get all the info I can including radar before leaving home. On that note yesterday was great and among my 4 fish was a 8 lb 28 in Fish Ohio walleye taken on a redhead Wonderbread DD Bandit 64' back at 1.7 mph north of Kelley Is.

I appreciate you all answering my question. I really wanted to get my first trip in for the season and I just completed a full outdrive build. We were thinking about fishing outside of turtle.

Look at Iwindsurf for forcast.I don't even consider the forcast has much accuracy till 2 days before day plan to fish.If going out of turtle to jig fish, don't need to go too far to catch.If you got any type of south wind can probably fish in wind up to about high teens mph.Check Iwindsurf of Thursday and Friday "erie west" location.

I keep looking at the weather forcast. I'm not concerned about the wave height. Just don't know if the walleye will be biting that quickly after a storm and big temp drop. Any thoughts?

Based on current wind models it looks like 6' seas and I would say a tough bite based on the cold front coming in.
    Captain Greg
    Walleye2go Sportfishing

I was hoping to fish Turtle Island area also this weekend, the wind looks as though it will calm down significantly on Sunday but air temps still cool in the mid 40's. Although alot can change in the next couple of days.

Quote Originally Posted by Zman View Post
    I was hoping to fish Turtle Island area also this weekend, the wind looks as though it will calm down significantly on Sunday but air temps still cool in the mid 40's. Although alot can change in the next couple of days.
    Typical Ohio just wait 5 minutes and check again:

Sat 4-22-2017-04-23-07_iwindsurf-png

Good news is Saturday looks pretty good now, but we will see whhat happens in the next 24 hours.

Sat 4-22-2017-04-22-07_iwindsurf-png