First time this year. First time this year. First time this year. First time this year.

Default First time this year.

I am planing on heading out Sunday to try my luck on some walleye with my dad, and finally get my Lund boat on the water. Was hoping for some help on which ramp would be the best to launch from either catawba state park or mazurik boat ramp, haven't been out in the western basin in a few years. I have stuff for trolling and jigging any ideas on were to head and what to try thanks every one and i will let everyone know how the day goes.

Catawba State Park is a decent launch on a nice day. Since you basically launch directly on to the lake I could see a rough day being hard. It's also free which helps. Don't know about mazurik... We usually use Fenwick but I come from Toledo.

I guess that would depend on where on the lake you want to go. If wanting to fish the reefs and cans go catawba, if wanting to fish kellies and east go mazurik. Both are free, both provide instant access to the lake.

Even though this wasn't my thread thanks for the info bran! Have you tried launching at either place on a choppy day? We've only launched Catawba on decent days. I'll have to try Mazurik.

The bite this week has been tough with the east winds. The reef area is still muddy and with the winds today will probably Stay that way for a while. 90% of those fishing are trolling Bandits NW of Kelly's about 2 miles where water is cleaner. Talked to one boat yesterday that was jigging close to shore at Marblehead and they picked up a few small males on Swedish pimples. Water still too cold for jig bite (38 off Kelly's ). I'd suggest the trolling option and launching at Mazuriks and head to west side of Kelly's.