Snap swivel or no swivel??? Snap swivel or no swivel??? Snap swivel or no swivel??? Snap swivel or no swivel???

Default Snap swivel or no swivel???

After some discussion (and some beer) it was said that you should not use a swivel with spoons and some cranks just use a fixed snap , then it came up about using a ring. so what is the proper way to rig spoons, cranks and harnesses for trolling or casting. Your thoughts please. thanks

My mainlines are strictly snaps and my leaders off of any divers be they are dipsy's or jets have enough swivels on them to stop line twist as for cranks work just fine off the mainline with the snaps, but if you have a swivel and snap that to me seems fine and I have been told it makes little difference to their action of the cranks. I have a friend who only uses snap swivels on everything. Also, my preference is to use only the duo-lock snaps because of the rounded/circular end. As a convenience for myself I pre-make leaders with a swivel at one end a duo-lock snap at the other end. I hate to tie things up on a rocking boat.

Gene

As for casting,we all use swivels to prevent line twisting on retrieving harnesses.We also use swivels when trolling harnesses for same reason.For cranks we use only duo snaps.Make sure wire projection on clip faces upward on your crank.If faces down could scratch the plastic lip of the crank and restrict the action on your crank.This was pointed out to me several seasons ago.Proof was you can see a semi circle on lip of crank where snap was scratching the surface.

So, for example, when attaching a Michigan Stinger Scorpion spoon harness to the leader line you would use a duo-lock snap? No ring on the spoon?

we use a 17lb fluorocarbon leader with swivel on one end the snap on other end when trolling spoons.Pooh Bear uses a lot of stinger spoons and that is how he trolls.Attaches the leader to 40 tru trips and has big boards.Last season he used worm harnesses mostly,since the undersized walleye kept hitting his stinger spoons.