Stock Bandit Colors Stock Bandit Colors Stock Bandit Colors Stock Bandit Colors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Stock Bandit Colors

I'm very familiar with the love for the custom painted Bandits, particularly IB Frozen, but I was wondering what stock colors everyone else would recommend. I don't mind getting a few customs every now and then, but I've got some Cabela's gift cards that I plan on spending on some cranks and they don't have custom colors online or in stores locally (Cincinnati). I have half a dozen black headed wonder bread, that sucker caught a ton of fish into July and August last year, but I don't have many chrome colors for the sunny days. Any recommendations?

I also wouldn't mind recommendations on other baits like Reef Runners or Husky Jerks. I don't really fancy the idea of dropping $50 on snap weights, but if enough people think P10s are too good to pass up I can work a little OT this week I guess. ☺️

I have yet to use any of my Bandits but following their usage the stock colors seem to have been the Humble Bee, Khaki, and Silver with blue back and some with Parakeet. You could do no wrong with one of the purple with pink combo's for sure in the spring and they were used thru the fall. IB Frozen (DJ's) sure took there share and the Redhead Wonderbread (Domka's) this past fall. DHJ 12
    I have only stayed with stock colors with the exception of custom Holloween and Pink Squirrel I think were Domka's. Confused Yet?
    I got dizzy just trying to remember them with this ol' brain and trying to keep from getting antzie myself. Atleast your starting now
    to avoid the rush.

Gene

I was at Jann's last Sunday the clerk was filling mail orders for the Bandits and they have Domka's customs and stock colors also.
    Goin', goin' GONE !!!!

Gene

Good luck finding them in Cincy. I live here also and have seen any bandits around. I'd call Jann's or Rickards.

There are a ton of customs...I have several since i paint my own but for stock I'd go with Blue/Chrome, Humble Bee, Khaki, Perch, Two Tone Glow, Coconut Candy, Green Clown. Drop the P10's unless less you are trolling early spring or late fall. They are more of a slow...cold water...trolling crank.

Gotta love my Reefs....little more work tuning but they catch fish! Why they need tuned so much. My choices are Bandits and Reefs....

go to fish usa...they have all stock colors and good prices

I just bought a bunch of DJs customs for this year but ran all stocks last spring my hottest colors were fruit dots followed by blue chrome.

If you don't already know, as soon as you get them cut the split rings and hooks off and throw them away and replace with your favorite aftermarket hook and ring. I use VMC but that's up to you

Quote Originally Posted by mikecat13 View Post
    I just bought a bunch of DJs customs for this year but ran all stocks last spring my hottest colors were fruit dots followed by blue chrome.

If you don't already know, as soon as you get them cut the split rings and hooks off and throw them away and replace with your favorite aftermarket hook and ring. I use VMC but that's up to you
    What sise do u replace them with?

Quote Originally Posted by Riches View Post
    What sise do u replace them with?
    #4 on the hooks. I THINK the split rings are #3

Quote Originally Posted by mikecat13 View Post
    #4 on the hooks. I THINK the split rings are #3
    I think the stock hooks are #5s. Not sure on the rings.

Quote Originally Posted by Jawbreaker View Post
    I think the stock hooks are #5s. Not sure on the rings.
    I think you're right, the #5 VMCS can be hard to find so I was told #4 is ok, they seem to work. Big hook for big fish lol