Humminbird vs Lowrance Humminbird vs Lowrance Humminbird vs Lowrance Humminbird vs Lowrance
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Recommend Recommend:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Humminbird vs Lowrance

I recently purchased a new boat that I am getting ready to set up for spring. I have hummingbird electronics on my current boat and am leaning towards putting the same on the new boat. l am looking at the Helix 10 at the counsel and Helix 9 at the bow. I was curios if any of you had a preference one way or the other before I make the purchase. Thanks in advance for your help.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think you can go wrong with either set up. I personally like Lowrance but that's what I have always used. If I was you I'd stick with the Humminbird since you are familiar with the set up.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget about the new Garmin electronics. They are highly competitive right now. The spring fishing classic at Bass Pro will begin on 2-17-17. The best deal I have seen in a long time is the Garmin EchoMap 73 sv for $499.99. This dude is preloaded with maps for all of north America with 1' contour lines. It's got regular sonar, downscan imaging & side view! The model on sale does not have CHIRP technology. I'm getting one on the 17th myself. I really think Garmin owns the GPS features in fishfinders these days. You should see the detail in the western basin of Erie. It marks (and names) the Camp Perry zones and the reef complex. These units are networkable with both the EchoMap and Striker series finders. Check 'em out.