Trolling reels Trolling reels Trolling reels Trolling reels

Thread: Trolling reels

Default Trolling reels

Hello everyone. Getting ready to respool all my reels. What is best # line to use and type? I pull bandits,reefrunners and jet 40's with inline boards. thanks in advance.

If you prefer mono probably go with Big Game, if you want to use a braid fireline or Spyderwire just be sure to back it with mono.
    I, myself use braid Spyderwire backed with mono for my boards all at 20#. My salmon reels are Big Game 30#. I just filled my new
    dipsy reels are filled with Spyderwire mono 17#. Please don't ask me why as I have not a clue.. I guess all these are set ups are probably set up at the time when certain lines were trending. With all that being said I have no need to change they are working for
    me. Just keep them the same and calibrate your lc reels again.

Gene

I won't tell you what's "best", but I can tell you that I use, and have been very happy with, the 16# test Sunline Super Natural mono in green.
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

I have always liked Stren I have been using 17# blue or clear. going on 5 seasons with same spools never had a break off. Oh yes, I have been catching fish.
    F Troop 9th Cav 1st Air Cav

I have the precision trolling app and I guess main reason for asking about line is,I see where bandits formula only has option for Berkly XT. Reef runners have a fireline option, I am leaning towards fire line. But does that mean I can't run bandits or does a successful fisherman want to share some info on braid and bandits.

Check the line diameter of your choice compare it to the XT's. There will be some variance be it +/- but I don't think those small variances will make a difference in your dive curve that much.

Gene

We back fill ours with 25 big game mono, the follow with 30lb power pro. We run our braid right to the bandit. I know some use a 10 or 15 ft floor leader after the braid to help with sine hit and miss hook up. All my set up was followed from the recommendation from jim from eye hunters charters. Reel calibration are all check to make sure the counter reads 100ft at 100ft. Our catch rate went up exponentially.

Thanks jim

30# mono backer then power pro. Been very successful for me. I put new line on in the spring and turn it around for the next year. As the above stated, that 100 ft. at 100 ft. is critical. When you hit on something that works, you gotta be able to transfer that info to the other rods. Cant stress that enough.

I liked the 17 lb Trilene in green when I ran in lines. Great knot strength, affordable and niece had it break.