Marine Batteries Marine Batteries Marine Batteries Marine Batteries

Default Marine Batteries

I have a question about Marine batteries; I have a Yamaha 225, 2-Stroke Outboard engine, the only thing I run while fishing is the Lowrance, HDI 7. The boat came with a Group Size 27 battery (Walmart) I have the opportunity to get a new Blue Top Optima, for $116.00, however it's a Group 34 Size. Question is can I switch to a battery that size and still be ok?

My only concern is where is it to be seated? Is there room? The price is sure a good look at for sure. It will work with just starting and your ff/gps. If you are having problems or to its age and holding a charger sure replace it. As with the warranty most batteries
    only cover up to 36 mo. be it Walmart, Interstate and Optima be it standard fluid, closed cell, and AGM with size 24 to the 30's.
    They all runaround about $100.

Gene

Thank you for the feedback. Yes I know, room can/will be an issue, the main battery is stored under the rear starboard side seat, under the portside seat is the 2-Stroke oil resivoir. My intentions are to hook up a dual battery system...

Just a side note, my duck boat has 2 batteries but are separate size 24 deep cycle starting and size 27 for accessories for trolling motor, gps, and depth finder, and bilge pump and never thought about adding a switch and my 22 ft. Islander with 1 size 27 battery
    handles all acc. easily with bilge (auto) ff/gps. Who really knows with a boat, both are setup by mfg. wiring in mind with no need to really need a change.

Gene

That blue top should be about 10L x 7W x 8H. A normal group 27 should be about 12 x 7W x 9H. So unless sometimes else plays in I would think it should fit. That price is like 150 less than normal retail. Sounds like a good deal. If it don't fit I bet you could sell it easy