Lodging in May should i stay on the islands? Lodging in May should i stay on the islands? Lodging in May should i stay on the islands? Lodging in May should i stay on the islands?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Lodging in May should i stay on the islands?

Have been coming over for years and have never stayed out on the islands. This last year we had several days we couldn't get out but heard that some that stayed on the islands were able to get out and stay out of the wind and still fish. So looking for some advise - pros and cons of the island lodging and recommendations on where to stay. Any help would be much appreciated thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Visit the Kelleys Island and Put-In-Bay chamber of commerce websites. Lots of good info. Plenty of places to stay. Both islands have great state park campgrounds with good boat ramps, hot showers, etc. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

We've been staying on South Bass for years in mid May. It is definitely an advantage some days to get out when it's rough. There's 2 ramps on S Bass that are free and depending on which way the wind is out of on a rough day you can launch with no problem. We go through Island Club for our place to stay. There are condos and houses to rent for lodging. The only disadvantage I see on the Island is there are no fish cleaners. You clean your own which isn't a big deal because they have a central fish cleaning station. The only challenge sometimes can be getting rid of the carcasses if the gut wagon is full & closed. There's a grocery store and gas station over there too.
    Fish as much as you can...we're not here forever.

Post Thanks / Like

There's also a state campground with fish cleaning house. Depending on boat size it's over 100 bucks to ferry truck and trailer across both ways.