Suggestions for WB walleye or smaillies Suggestions for WB walleye or smaillies Suggestions for WB walleye or smaillies Suggestions for WB walleye or smaillies

Default Suggestions for WB walleye or smaillies

I'm going up to the lake next week for a final couple days of fishing, and then the boat gets hauled out on Friday 10/28. I've had the best year of fishing that I've had for a long time. Mother Erie is great!! Caught my share of walleye through June and had really good success like many others on the perch. My wife told me not to bring home any more perch because the freezer is full!

So, I'm thinking of giving the walleyes a try or maybe even search out the smallmouth. I haven't fished for smallies in about 10 years, but would like to try again. Last time I fished for them I used root beer colored tube jigs. Does that still work this time of year? What general areas and/or bottom conditions might work? I remember fishing in close on east and south shore of Kelleys. I'm thinking the water temperature should be dropping between now and next week with the colder weather coming in. That might be good.

Any suggestions on walleye? I think most everybody has been perchin for several months and I don't see many reports on the boards.
    Thanks for any suggestions I will post results.

Walleyes are back there catching them north of Kelleys to Middle Bass. Nice big ones to!