Finding Perch after wind ?? Finding Perch after wind ?? Finding Perch after wind ?? Finding Perch after wind ??

Default Finding Perch after wind ??

Will someone explain to me what the perch do after a blow like this ? The MODIS shows a lot of muddy water, do they stay ahead of the cloudy water and keep moving toward the more clear water, and I read that the waves scatter the bait fish and so scatters the fish into larger more widespread areas. Would someone put what takes place into a clearer picture for me.

Thanks, Dennis

Good question. Knew it blew yesterday. Didn't expect to see it this badly stirred up. I do think it scatters fish some and unsettles the schools. There were enough fish caught Friday that there are perch everywhere in the Western Basin right now. They are not all goign to leave. But is a matter of finding a concentrated school - and a feeding one. I caught perch in really stained water at A can earlier in fall. But I am afraid this is going to make it tough again for a few days... until things settle out again. Dang, last Friday was best day this fall.!

Found a good school south of Kelly's on Sunday. Many were 9 or so. No jumbos. 3 hour limit. N 41 35.374 W 082 43.721

I can tell you it was riled up a bit along Reno Beach when we started today but cleared up a lot by the time we finished. Fish were biting good today in 16 - 17 ft.

Default Monday 10/10 3 Man Limit

Was going to go south of Kellys but water was stained, so headed north to Gull Shoal. Set down in 42 feet of water. Never moved except when the anchor broke loose once and drifted 50 or a hundred yards. About to go back when realized bite there was even better. Steady bite all morning. Best fish this year. Lots of 9's and 10's and several 11-12's. 3 man limit from 9 to 1:00. Guys cleaned some themselves so no weight, but figure these were 3.25 to the pound range. Clean water north of Kelly's.