west end report west end report west end report west end report
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: west end report

We caught 71 nice perch and a bonus17 inch walleye just north of Ballast Island.Also caught 6 shorts up to14 inch.It was a raw day but we stuck it out and put fish in the box.See everyone next spring😃

2 man limit 13 ft of water off wards a lot nicer then sunday looks like tomorrow is last day lots of boats off anchor point in close a little breezy but calmer in close i need a 18 ft center console with an outboard so i can fish to ice up especially since they are so close to shore

Fished Tuesday 11/01/16 3 man limit in 12 ft of water off reno beach/Rialto rd area. Started out in 16 ft of water and got nothing so we moved in and smashed them really quick. Got our first perch around noon and got our 90th are 215pm. Breezy, but nice and calm in close.

Was heading down to pick up my fish from yesterday when I noticed how calm it was. Decided to grab some ice and my minnows and try it. Fished from 445 till 557 in 16 ft. off Reno beach. Caught my 30 perch an 1 18 in. Eye. Fast action and a calm lake.

Thanks for report, be back up Friday for 4 days.

Was out today 15 to 16 fow off reno beach from 1 to 230 got 30 perch all about 8 inch no walleye 1 white perch. Usual 7 pounds at the cleaners. Spreader no bling could only fish one pole. Got big shiners from butch and Dennys cutting in half I have enough left over for Sunday
    Thanks Matt

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

Another great day perchin on the lake. We stayed on the outside of the pack of boats off Reno beach just east of the intake. We fished in 17-18 ft of water caught 3 man limit in 4 hrs, about 10% throw back, kept 8" and above. No jumbos but some nice perch avg8-91/2" for the most part. Had to cut large shinners as the perch did not want big pieces. Also had to keep the motor running to keep the bite going, shut it down and the perch stopped instantly.

weather so nice with south winds 10 knots or less what i need help with is what is 10 knots compared to 10 miles an hour a nautical knot is how many miles per hour i have some nice perch in freezer enough to last me till next year. and now i think im looking for a new 18 20 ft center console with an out board on it ive had a inboard single screw since 1984 can i fish with an out board say in january and just drain the motor without winterizing so i can fish all year when we have open water ill have to store it out side sure would be nice just to fish drain the water and not worry about it. as my big boat 27 ft sportcraft i froze the engine 1 year and it cost me 1600 to rebuild new heads and exhaust manifolds water pump there was around 10 of us that got it it was in october 22nd so i always pull around 2nd or 3rd week of october but with weather wishing i was fishing

1 Knot = 1.15708 MPH so 10 knots is after than 10 MPH 10 knots is actually 11.57 MPH

I keep my gps set on MPH - just easier.

Ran out this afternoon to pick up my cleaned fish, it looks like the perch bite is still on. Lots of buckets of nice perch sitting on the floor at Butch and Dennys waiting to be cleaned. Minnows is all they have in stock, rest of everything including ice is gone, just letting their stock deplete so if anyone is going tomorrow make sure you grab snaks and ice at your local carryout. We will be going out one more time in the morning and that will be about all my freezer can hold.