Two different boat both boats had 2 people all w limits Two different boat both boats had 2 people all w limits Two different boat both boats had 2 people all w limits Two different boat both boats had 2 people all w limits
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Two different boat both boats had 2 people all w limits

Still learning the lake but today has me ready to return soon.
    Myself and a friend in my boat
    My brother and his 15 yr old daughter ( shhh she had fishing fever from school)
    Both started off at the Catawba green buoy at 8a first fish. By 9 roughly 15 fish in each boat. Then it was about 8 more fish over the next 1.5 hrs. So 1030 we leave and head for Clinton reef... 30mins no bites so we left for area southeast of GCan. Well it was crazy to watch over 10-15 doubles between both boats. At times the line barely reached the bottom before we had to reel in one if not two fish at a time. From 1130-130 we caught the remaining fish. 60 fish per boat and 3 happy fishermen and 1 extremely happy fishergirl bc she not only got to miss school but she had a great fishing experience. Can't wait to come back for more. Hopefully the walleye will be on fire along with the perch next time.

Post Thanks / Like

Great job. congrats and thanks for the detailed report.

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations on a great day of fishing. My wife and I were off Catawba also. In fact we were a couple hundred feet west of you in an old (1972) 18ft white Starcraft. We had the same experience as you. A decent steady bite that died after 30 fish. We left shortly after you with 40. We went out another to a mark from previous success but found nothing. Came back in stopped on good marks 1/2 half mile south of Catawba green buoy and finished with good quality fish (18lb). Your success at g can was exceptional. I hope your next hooky session is as or more successful.

Post Thanks / Like

We ended with 16lbs. I will say this though around the green buoy was a much lighter/softer bite but bigger fish on average. By the GCan those fish were hungry and you could feel the bite but smaller on average.