Looking to hear from ppl that have used both, would like to hear the pros and cons of each.

I am thinking about switching to trees. My 19ft er is set up with 3 individual rods holders a side. They work well. The top of my gunnal is not very flat so my scotty bases are on the inside, with the rocket launchers leaning over. They could had been mounted a little closer together but they are not too far apart.

I am thinking about switching to rod trees to get my poles all farther up the boat. The problem I am having sometime is with my inline boards, I run my board on the outside the shallowest, but sometimes there is only a few feet between the lines. If I am pulling divers, have a hit and miss, and need to pull in to rebait, I am having trouble pulling it in over the other lines without tangling sometimes.

I have tried just opening the reel to let it fall out of line, but it just pulls farther out not really back to much. Could not figure out how to get the front clip to hold my braid and not slip, and get it to release,trip,unlock when I want to fall straight back. So I am hoping by putting a tree farther up the side of my boat, if pull a rod out, move to the back of the boat, the extra 6 or 7 feet to board would drop back would allow the lines to pass each other when using things like jets of deep cranks that have a constant pull.

I do have true trips for my jets, but sometimes smaller fish that hit and miss don't trip them.

Thanks for any input or other ideas that may help