Steady Picking of Perch Steady Picking of Perch Steady Picking of Perch Steady Picking of Perch

Default Steady Picking of Perch

Got our 90 from 8 - 11:30 today, 3.2 miles straight north out of the Portage River in Port Clinton, on the Rockpile. 19 lbs. at the PC Fish Company. The wind was non-existent, with the boat circling around the anchor rope. Thank god there were no bugs! Took the son in law out for his first time ever on Lake Erie and Perch fishing. I think that he will be a fine fisherman with a little practice.

You don't by chance have those coordinates do you? Not familiar w a rock pile out from portage. Trying to teach my two boys Lake Erie at ages 8 and 6 and had a miserable time today w only 15 in 3 hours and a loss of interest. Hoping for better tomorrow morning bc we are staying the night yo try again

If not how deep were you?

Nice catch trophy, we fished from Kelly's to ballast and only managed half a limit in twice the time.
    Keith

Sorry, but don't have the coordinates with me. Fished an old mark on my GPS form last year. Fished at like 23 feet. Didn't get out today but will try Wednesday if I can talk the boss into letting me off from work! We were mudding them. Letting the spreader set on the bottom for a minute or two and then picking up. Most of the time we would get a strike and pull taking up the slack.

Got my 30 this morning using the same method 3.5 miles straight north of the Portage River by 9:30 today. Probably had 20 by 8 then it slowed when all the boats started rolling in. Drop the spreader to the bottom and leave it sit for 30 seconds or so and slowly lift and feel for resistance. It was a beautiful weekend on the lake with my granddaughters joining me on Saturday.

Glad that worked out for you. They must be feeding on the bottom, as I noticed that there are clam beds there, from the ick on the anchor when I pull it up. Looks like we are in for a stretch of rain so maybe Sunday I will start back at that same spot. Good luck fishing!

This area just got better and better last year as the fall went on. I never had to go any further out after mid September last year. It sure saves on fuel if you are coming out of PC.

Run 22 degrees 3.2 miles from mouth of Portage
    2014 21 ft TIDEWATER CENTER CONSOLE
    ELITE CHIRP/DOWN IMAGING

Can you give me a shoreline marker on Catawba to mark this spot?