Fishing with Bob and Greg 8/24 & 8/25/16 Fishing with Bob and Greg 8/24 & 8/25/16 Fishing with Bob and Greg 8/24 & 8/25/16 Fishing with Bob and Greg 8/24 & 8/25/16

Default Fishing with Bob and Greg 8/24 & 8/25/16

Yesterday, and today, I fished with Bob Speilbauer and his friend, Greg, who hail from Wisconsin's Appleton area. They drove down for a little Lake Erie's perch fishing action, and were not disappointed.

Yesterday, after having breakfast, grabbing ice, and bait, we launched out of Catawba with a light SW wind at 6:30am.
    We ran out to the spot south of D can that I've been fishing....and, we did "okay", but it wasn't like it had been. The winds were starting to kick up, and my guys were not used to this lake, so I took them closer to some land, to feel more comfortable.
    We hit the SW corner of Green island. There was a big pack to the SE of me, and some more boats hiding behind Green, to get out of the wind.
    We did okay there too, but the winds were building some more, and the lake was getting rougher, so I said, "Let's go down inside where it will be calmer. I know there's some fish there too". So, that's what we did.
    We ran past more packs of boats on the way in, and stopped when the Helix showed some good marks in 18' of water, about a mile and a half SW of the green can at Catawba.

The guys took 19 pounds of perch over to Port Clinton Fish Co. to be cleaned. They mentioned how bad the perch fishing on Lake Winnebago has become, and we very happy with their catch.

Today's trip started out a little later this morning. With last night's storms, the wind forecast, and the threat of more "stuff" coming in, I wanted to wait to make sure it was going to be a good day to go. The morning shaped up nicely, and I picked them up at their hotel at 7:30am.

We hit Hi Way Bait, and Big Bopper's for a breakfast sandwich "to go". They had their hotel continental breakfast earlier, so I opted for the "to go" deal, so we could get to Mazurik's and launched. We hit the water by 8:15, and headed out to some numbers very close to where I was fishing the last day with Pat and Tina. However, the numbers were given to me by the Captain of the "Pirate Clipper", so they are not mine to give out. All I can say is that it was between the islands...

The first spot didn't produce, so I moved us a little ways, but it wasn't producing very fast either, and I was getting impatient. Capt Eric called and asked how we were doing. I told him it was slow and that we only had 10 so far. He said they were at 45, and that Pooh Bear was at 45 already, and said to move over by him.....so, we did.

We were right by the big yellow 37' TollyCraft and marked a bunch of perch on the bottom. He was in a good spot, and we started to catch a few more...but, still...not fast enough for me. When we hit 20 perch in the box, I asked my crew, "Would you like to go on an adventure?" They both said they would, so I explained that there is a spot that I needed to check, but that I couldn't guarantee they would be there yet. They still wanted to go, so we left the pack and headed to the new spot (That's all I can tell you about that...it's a secret I share with someone else, and I'm sworn not to tell anyone....sorry!).

Doesn't matter anyway, because they were not there yet. So, back to my Humminbird...looking for last year's waypoints in that area. I decided to move to the west side of Gull that usually holds good perch. We moved around the area until we hit some good marks on a contour line, and set up.

I didn't have my line down for 2 seconds before it had a fat little perch hooked up.
    It would be an "up and down bite", and the kind of bite that I wanted these guys to experience...and, boy they had a good time! We caught 70 perch in about an hour in that spot...woot! woot!

Bob and Greg were very happy with their experience and plan on coming back to fish with me again soon, so that makes me happy!

I do not have a perch trip until Sunday again, so if anyone needs the spot, you know where to look for it. That's all I'm going to say....
    Do Not text me, and Do Not message me asking me for it.
    It's there...in plain sight...if you know where to look. Ha!

I'll be cleaning the boat tomorrow and fun fishing on Saturday in someone else's boat. Then, perch'n again on Sunday with the auction winner of a trip that was donated to the Humane Society of Ottawa County.

Then, I have Monday and Tuesday open if anyone is looking to get out and do some fishing...otherwise, I'm not out again until Wednesday, for a walleye trip with Doug Beyers and his crew.

So...Stay tuned...

Capt Juls
    Attached Images Attached Images Fishing with Bob and Greg 8/24 & 8/25/16-fishing-bob-greg-8_24_16img_7258-jpg Fishing with Bob and Greg 8/24 & 8/25/16-fishing-bob-greg-8_24_16img_7259-jpg Fishing with Bob and Greg 8/24 & 8/25/16-fishing-bob-greg-8_24_16img_7264-jpg Fishing with Bob and Greg 8/24 & 8/25/16-fishing-bob-greg-8_25_16img_7282-jpg Fishing with Bob and Greg 8/24 & 8/25/16-fishing-bob-greg-8_25_16img_7285-jpg 
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

From the looks of the island distance, looks like my ice fishin hole !!! SHHHHH...

Great report as usual. Did you use Skipper 9's ?

I want GPS numbers!

Just kidding, thanks for sharing

Quote Originally Posted by Moldman View Post
    Great report as usual. Did you use Skipper 9's ?
    Always....
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Fishonphil View Post
    I want GPS numbers!

Just kidding, thanks for sharing
    Like I said, I have them posted, IF you go looking for them.....they are there.

Have you ever been to my site? wink wink
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Juls View Post
    Like I said, I have them posted, IF you go looking for them.....they are there.

Have you ever been to my site? wink wink
    I've been to your site lol. I hate to say this but I had to take the weekend off and catch up on house/yard work, I haven't spent a weekend at home in over two months. Not complaining because I've been spending a lot of time on the water lately.

I hope your clues helped someone out, your awesome.

We're golden, your about 3/4 a mile south of my numbers, a nice little hump that ice walleye and perch love, not very big , but there...