Fast fish cleaners Fast fish cleaners Fast fish cleaners Fast fish cleaners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Fast fish cleaners

Hello all been doing well on perch last couple weekends. I have been taking fish to bays edge, they have been doing a great job and time isn't too bad if you get there early. An older gentleman told me port Clinton fish house cleaned really fast. So I was hoping some of you had input on different fish cleaners and time it takes. Would like to sort more fish but am afraid of long wait since we live 1 hr 45 min away. Thanks for any input.

Port Clinton is fast. I think they have six cutters.
    I got mine to them before noon though. I think all three places near by will be busy after the head boats and charters come in.

Depending on where you're willing to go, there are a couple cleaners near Davis-Besse. Shattos in wildwings cleaned 90 perch for us in an hour. Also heard good things about Cutchers.

Quote Originally Posted by fishNtails View Post
    Depending on where you're willing to go, there are a couple cleaners near Davis-Besse. Shattos in wildwings cleaned 90 perch for us in an hour. Also heard good things about Cutchers.
    It can take awhile at George Cutcher's cleaning service since he does 5 times or better work than the Shattos in back of Wildwings. People come from afar to get their fish cleaned at Cutcher's. Lots of Charters also. Personally I would never be in such a hurry that I would take my fish to Shattos, I would bury them in my garden first. There is no comparison between the 2. This of course is just my honest opinion. I have no financial affiliation with or for either fish cleaning service.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Quote Originally Posted by wakina View Post
    It can take awhile at George Cutcher's cleaning service since he does 5 times or better work than the Shattos in back of Wildwings. People come from afar to get their fish cleaned at Cutcher's. Lots of Charters also. Personally I would never be in such a hurry that I would take my fish to Shattos, I would bury them in my garden first. There is no comparison between the 2. This of course is just my honest opinion. I have no financial affiliation with or for either fish cleaning service.
    We just used them cause they were there. Didn't know of any others at the time. They did a decent job for us. Is there some thing we should know about Shattos?

Quote Originally Posted by fishNtails View Post
    We just used them cause they were there. Didn't know of any others at the time. They did a decent job for us. Is there some thing we should know about Shattos?
    Last time I used them was several years ago, I had dead blow flies and fly egg sacks in my cleaned fillets. They still clean outside and the potential for that to recur is there.

When they are really busy the catch sets outside where they are cleaning with fly's crawling all over the uncleaned fish that are waiting to be cleaned. As repulsive as fish cleaners can be this place is a step below unsanitary in my opinion. The people that run the business have always been friendly and cordial and it is not the personnel that makes me feel the way I do but is the conditions/environment in which they perform their task.
    Last edited by wakina; 08-25-2016 at 02:50 PM.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Last time I used them was several years ago, I had dead blow flies and fly egg sacks in my cleaned fillets. They still clean outside and the potential for that to recur is there.

When they are really busy the catch sets outside where they are cleaning with fly's crawling all over the uncleaned fish that are waiting to be cleaned. As repulsive as fish cleaners can be this place is a step below unsanitary in my opinion. The people that run the business have always been friendly and cordial and it is not the personnel that makes me feel the way I do but is the conditions/environment in which they perform their task.
    Ahh yes, that all makes sense. Definitely didn't think about that. I'll be looking elsewhere next time.

Default A big thank you to wakina

I really like straight, honest, answers, and appreciate them.

Wakina has given me good honest advise.

Thanks again, Dennis

I would second avoiding shatos. I have never let them clean fish for me but the one time I tried they tried to rape me. I asked how much and they said 85 cents a pound for walleye. I laughed at them and then they tried 65 cents. I had 18 walleye in the box weighing well over 100 lbs. Cutchers is 1.50 per walleye.

Port Clinton Fish Co uses a commercial scaler, while the others are using "tumblers". The difference in wait time is A LOT, due to the speed of the scalers.

The commercial scaler zips the perch right through, so they can start cutting right away. The tumblers take 20 minutes or longer, depending on how many fish are in it. For this reason alone, I have been using PC Fish for my customer's perch.

My customers usually walk over to the Fisherman's Wharf to shop around, and by the time they come out... the fish are done.
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters