Fish Ohio Perch 13" or greater Fish Ohio Perch 13" or greater Fish Ohio Perch 13" or greater Fish Ohio Perch 13" or greater
    Blog Entries

Default Fish Ohio Perch 13" or greater

All,

Please share your Fish Ohio Perch (13" or greater in Length) by posting them on this site. Remember to claim your Fish Ohio Pin from Ohio DNR for your prized catch. See the link below.

http://wildlife.ohiodnr.gov/fishing/...nition-program

Properly submit the form for a Fish Ohio perch and receive a Fish Ohio brown trout pin... (That is what has happened for my the last 2-3 Fish O submissions.)
    haha
    Does anyone else run into trouble getting the correct pin back for the fish that they submitted?

I believe last year was a brown trout. Each angler with a qualifying catch receives a collectible Fish Ohio lapel pin. Each year’s pin has a different species of fish on it, along with the year, so the pin that the angler receives won’t necessarily have the same fish on it as the qualifying fish caught.

Does anyone know what this year's pin is?

Quote Originally Posted by Buc-Eye View Post
    Properly submit the form for a Fish Ohio perch and receive a Fish Ohio brown trout pin... (That is what has happened for my the last 2-3 Fish O submissions.)
    haha
    Does anyone else run into trouble getting the correct pin back for the fish that they submitted?

A crappie is featured on the 2012 Fish Ohio pin, and a brown trout is on the 2013 pin. Still looking for this year.....

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Ted View Post
    I believe last year was a brown trout. Each angler with a qualifying catch receives a collectible Fish Ohio lapel pin. Each year’s pin has a different species of fish on it, along with the year, so the pin that the angler receives won’t necessarily have the same fish on it as the qualifying fish caught.

Does anyone know what this year's pin is?

Do they still have the master angler awards program with the large certificate and hat pin? They used to have a banquet every year to honor those who caught 4 fish Ohio species in one season along with the certificate and lapel/hatpin. I will see if I can find some of mine.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

I believe the 2016 pin has a blue catfish image. Yes, there is still a master angler pin for catching 4 different species in one year.

You will never get a pin for the species you catch unless it is just dumb luck. I have collected a bunch of pins back when you had to go to a bait shop and prove you caught that fish ( not just say you did ) all different types of fish an never got the pin to match my catch. I'm thinkin' if you were a master angler they would be having to make too many different pins.
    F Troop 9th Cav 1st Air Cav

Lol Thanks for the clarification Captain Ted. What threw me was the first time I submitted for fish Ohio perch, I received perch pins (dumb luck for the year.) There after, I received different fish species and instantly jumped to the conclusion that it was incompetence on the part of whoever was disseminating the pins... I learned something new today!