Perch fillets Perch fillets Perch fillets Perch fillets
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Perch fillets

Post Thanks / Like

Default Perch fillets

So I have been noticing my perch coming from cleaners with bones. Does anyone just fry them up strait from cleaners does deep frying break them down ?

Post Thanks / Like

I would go back to the cleaner....I don't pay to have bones in my fillets. I only try to use one cleaner for my perch, they do charge a few cents more for cleaning but they do an outstanding job. For years I cleaned my own just because of bones in the fillets left by the cleaners. Arthritis set in my hands now so I started shopping for a good cleaner. Went to many different ones, most were decent, but nothing exceptional. Then I found "Spot & Spams" out in the point place area, a bit out of the way but they are by far the best I have ever used, yes they charge a bit more but never had a bone or a bad fillet in more than 2 years of going there. Some of the cleaners left little meat on the fillet and I only keep perch that are 8+ inches. I have checked the weight before and after cleaning to get a percentage of returned meat and found that S & S I get at least 5% -10% more meat back from their fillets.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't go to Marblehead Cleaners then...bones in every fillet. Took a 4 man limit there twice to give them a chance. Never again! Place is disgusting too!!