olcott vaca report olcott vaca report olcott vaca report olcott vaca report

Default olcott vaca report

olcott vaca report-olcott-jpgolcott vaca report-olcott2-jpgolcott vaca report-olcott3-jpgolcott vaca report-olcott4-jpg

gave my boat a break from erie and pulled it to olcott for a week had a good trip overall 56 fish weather was hot and was only ruff on the last day we fished . mostly on the border straight out white spin doctor with white fly was one of the best lures meat rigs worked well also just under 24lb was our biggest

Nice catch!

Great catch! Nothing like that screamin drag. What depth were you fishing? My guess would be at least 350' since I see a few Steelhead mixed in there. I'll be heading up for a week & trying to get any kind of a starting point.

Are you heading back up for the LOC derby?

B safe!

we fished the 32 line it was over 400ft cant remember exactly there were some good catches at the 27 and 28 line to. slippery sinker has a atomic fly little boy blue I think was the name looks white till it hits the water try that one behind a white spin doctor white nuclear spin doctor worked well also fish caught 50 t0 80 down heading to manistee MI next. fishing has been slow there but like the area good luck on your trip

Looks like a great trip! did you need over size trailer permits

Thank you Billy Joe! Really appreciate the help!

Yeah we're staying about 2 blocks from the Slippery Sinker & will go past it every day to launch (if we go out of Olcott). The inside fishing (100 to 300') was really hot till about 2 1/2 weeks ago when the last big blow from the East came thru. Flipped the lake. Now it seems (from what I'm hearing) that the only decent steady bite is out DEEP. Anywhere from 350 to 550 fow & beyond. 550' is a long boat ride if it's lumpy.

Good luck in Michigan & again thank you the info.

Tight lines & B Safe!