I have a good friend and a great fisherman coming to visit this next weekend. I am hoping to complete the trifecta on Saturday, September 20, 2016. Catch a half dozen Walleye, a boat Limit of Perch and half dozen nice Smallies all in one day. ( a boat limit of Walleye this time of year might be a little steep for a goal with the other fishing.)

We will likely head to Huron early to troll for Walleye, then fish for Smallies east of Kelleys and then look for a limit of perch near the Marblehead Lighthouse or Lakeside.

I have only fished for smallmouth once. We fished over the wreck east of Kelley's throwing basically single hook crawler harnesses with no beads or blades, just a #2 hook and crawfish. We caught one nice bass, a couple smaller ones and then mostly sheephead and gobbies, apparently once they found us.

I have had a charter captain tell me not to let the crawfish sink after telling him this story, he said the the bass will come up after it, but the sheephead and obviously the gobbies won't.

I am looking for any other advice to help make this day awesome.