8-9-16  1 Man Perch Limit 1 hr 10 Min. 8-9-16  1 Man Perch Limit 1 hr 10 Min. 8-9-16  1 Man Perch Limit 1 hr 10 Min. 8-9-16  1 Man Perch Limit 1 hr 10 Min.

Smile 8-9-16 1 Man Perch Limit 1 hr 10 Min.

I went out yesterday evening by myself. Set anchor 100' south of the starboard side of the drawbridge marina party boat ;o) at 5:30 PM. Pulled anchor with a limit of mostly 7 1/2 inch fish some 8's at 6:40 PM.

South of the Eastern edge of Rattlesnake even with the center of the passage between South Bass and Middle Bass.

I got my emerald shiners from Janette's. Pin heads are getting bigger. 1 scoop $2, $1 bag of ice. Love Janette's when they have minnows.

Usually use two poles, but that wasn't possible once I got them going in a couple of minutes. Used skipper 9 rig. (Homemade crappie rig. Look up Skipper 9 on this site)

Most fish came on the bottom two hooks (one of the hooks attached and below the sinker). 20 lb braided line, no bling.

Did leave the motor running when I got there. I shut it off and restarted when the bite seemed to slow. I put three minnows on each hook, dropped them to the bottom and then jerked them off to attract fish before starting to fish.

Usually the program is to let it sit in the mud for a few seconds and then slowly lift. Last night I had to tighten the line as soon as it hit the bottom or all bait would be gone.

Had 5 sets of doubles. 4 small shepherd, no white trash.

33 feet of water 79.9 degrees on the surface. Light chop with 8 MPH wind out of the east, but was sheltered somewhat by the islands.

That is the fastest limit I have ever had. Last year limits where hard to come by for me.

I might see you out there this evening if the wind picks up a little form dead still.

Fishaholic
    24' Proline CC

Awesome report! Thank you. And, you were able to give us all the information, short of taking us out in the boat.

Nice catch!

Default Janetts

Quote Originally Posted by Drifter View Post
    I went out yesterday evening by myself. Set anchor 100' south of the starboard side of the drawbridge marina party boat ;o) at 5:30 PM. Pulled anchor with a limit of mostly 7 1/2 inch fish some 8's at 6:40 PM.

South of the Eastern edge of Rattlesnake even with the center of the passage between South Bass and Middle Bass.

I got my emerald shiners from Janette's. Pin heads are getting bigger. 1 scoop $2, $1 bag of ice. Love Janette's when they have minnows.

Usually use two poles, but that wasn't possible once I got them going in a couple of minutes. Used skipper 9 rig. (Homemade crappie rig. Look up Skipper 9 on this site)

Most fish came on the bottom two hooks (one of the hooks attached and below the sinker). 20 lb braided line, no bling.

Did leave the motor running when I got there. I shut it off and restarted when the bite seemed to slow. I put three minnows on each hook, dropped them to the bottom and then jerked them off to attract fish before starting to fish.

Usually the program is to let it sit in the mud for a few seconds and then slowly lift. Last night I had to tighten the line as soon as it hit the bottom or all bait would be gone.

Had 5 sets of doubles. 4 small shepherd, no white trash.

33 feet of water 79.9 degrees on the surface. Light chop with 8 MPH wind out of the east, but was sheltered somewhat by the islands.

That is the fastest limit I have ever had. Last year limits where hard to come by for me.

I might see you out there this evening if the wind picks up a little form dead still.

Fishaholic
    24' Proline CC
    Where is Janetts please.
    Thanks Dennis

Jannette's is a wholesaler who's sells retail out of a little shop behind their house in NW Catawba.

They had a rough year last year too. I asked if we were set for the rest of the year except for full moons, and he said no. Just found a honey hole for now. They are nice people and always give generous scoops, but out of the way for some people.

Address is:

4849 Weyhe Rd

Port Clinton, OH 43452

Drifter you are spot on about Jeannetts, good people to deal with