catfishing catfishing catfishing catfishing

Thread: catfishing

Default catfishing

I will be coming up this week for a little bass walleye fishing. Just is case the lake gets rough and to much for the bass boat I may try Sandusky Bay for some cat fishing.
    I do remember reading on here it was good for channel. My question what is the bait of choice. If it is Shrimp is it the raw or cook kind. Any help is appreciated. BB out

Here is something to try
    I do a lot of casting for walleyes with weapons. You wouldn't believe how many cats I get
    Tie on a weapon , bait it with a 1 inch piece of nightcrawler , make a long cast, let it sink some, and reel in dead slow. If there are any cats around you'll get em. Kind if Like bass fishing . Let us know how you do.

Chicken livers, never seen a channel cat turned them down, and cheap, keep them on ice, simple rig no 2 hook and weight,I would also try to stay in the main channel, hence the name channel cat.Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Defernaut View Post
    Here is something to try
    I do a lot of casting for walleyes with weapons. You wouldn't believe how many cats I get
    Tie on a weapon , bait it with a 1 inch piece of nightcrawler , make a long cast, let it sink some, and reel in dead slow. If there are any cats around you'll get em. Kind if Like bass fishing . Let us know how you do.
    I can second this advice. I have caught a ton of nice cats this year casting for walleye around Kelleys. More cats than walleyes in some cases!

I'm with frank ... Chicken livers have always produced cats for me .. Put a slip sinker above to knot where u tie the hook to the main line and ur good to go .. Once they find it you better be watching the rod or they'll try to take it with em

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye Bob View Post
    I will be coming up this week for a little bass walleye fishing. Just is case the lake gets rough and to much for the bass boat I may try Sandusky Bay for some cat fishing.
    I do remember reading on here it was good for channel. My question what is the bait of choice. If it is Shrimp is it the raw or cook kind. Any help is appreciated. BB out
    Raw shrimp is better

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye Bob View Post
    I catch at ton of catfish on may fly rigs. That piece of night crawler just works so good everything likes it. With night crawler you up your chances of catching just about anything. Walleye, perch, cats, bass, you name it.
    PimplePounder

Ranger Cherokee 237 18ft.
    115 HP. Johnson SPL
    15 HP Merc. Kicker
    Xi5 Motorguide Auto Anchor/GPS
    FL-20 Vexilar
    898 HD DI SI Humminbird GPS
    Navonics Premium

I usually use shrimp... Raw, with shell on. You at least want to have the tail still on to give you something to help hold them on. I usually fish the western edge of Sandusky bay, either north or south of the inlet going back into Muddy Creek Bay.

I also use raw shrimp with a slip sinker and fish the east side of the RR draw bridge. Lots of fish in that hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    I usually use shrimp... Raw, with shell on. You at least want to have the tail still on to give you something to help hold them on. I usually fish the western edge of Sandusky bay, either north or south of the inlet going back into Muddy Creek Bay.
    I seem to have clicked the dislikes button on this post! It was inadvertent and I apologize.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip