Fish report 7/22/16 Fish report 7/22/16 Fish report 7/22/16 Fish report 7/22/16
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Fish report 7/22/16

Two man limit of average perch in front of lakeside pier. Was too hot to try and sort very much. Lot of 7 and 8 inchers. Did get a few more 10s today than last time. Crappie rigs and perch colored spreaders with shiners on the bottom. Let it hit bottom count to ten and lift slow. We were in 26 fow. Got too small walleyes too. Not too much junk. Off the water around 1130

Troy
    Summer Huntin
    Ch 79

Where did you find shiners?

My freezer

A&J bait shop has shiners. Just watch out they like overcharging people.

Hi= way bait had some Fri they were shipped from out of state.
    F Troop 9th Cav 1st Air Cav

I will second this about Ajs, stopped in the other week wanted a firetiger j7 to pull behind the down rigger. They were on the way so I stopped. It was 10 bucks. Later that day when I had some time stopped in at St clairs, they had for 2 bucks less.
    Last edited by branhamautomotive; 07-24-2016 at 10:30 AM.

Not to start an argument but there is a big difference in being high priced and over charging. If the marked price is to high you do have a choice about actually buying the item or not buying the item. Over charging requires you watch the cash register to make sure you are being charged the advertised/marked price. The first one high priced is being greedy the second over charging the advertised/marked price is being dishonest.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Quote Originally Posted by wakina View Post
    Not to start an argument but there is a big difference in being high priced and over charging. If the marked price is to high you do have a choice about actually buying the item or not buying the item. Over charging requires you watch the cash register to make sure you are being charged the advertised/marked price. The first one high priced is being greedy the second over charging the advertised/marked price is being dishonest.
    Very good point!! If you think the price is to high then leave it, your choice.

I was overcharged and went back in and told them but he was busy getting license for a charter group. He said I thought you said 4 scoops of shiners. Well I had already done the math up just in case he said that and they still charged to much even with that excuse. I ended up just walking out not wanting to cause a scene. If someone else has shiners next weekend you can bet I won't go to A&J. He also over charged me earlier this year for a few bandits.
    I seen my neighbor from my campground going in as I left and told him to watch out...Guess what he told me later that evening that he was also overcharged and would never go back there again.
    It's a shame you have to watch them like this.

I have frequented a n j a lot lately because he's the only guy who consistently has emeralds. I've been charged the same per scoop every time. Today I got probably 2/3 shiners 1/3 Goldie's. First time I've noticed a mix. The perch didn't care though. I'd have to say the scoops have been better than other places I've frequented in the past. Too bad there were some bad experiences