Casting/trolling report Casting/trolling report Casting/trolling report Casting/trolling report

Default Casting/trolling report

Fished Mon, Tue & today out of Marblehead. Coming from Chicago, It always seems I have a routine of chasing reports and running all over the lake and I always end up Somewhere near Kelly's. This held true again. No matter where we stopped the graph had marks. Caught lots of throwbacks by G & H Can. Put many miles on the boat, ended up with all the " keeper size fish in about 1/4 mile by 1/4 mile spot East of Kellys. When we had enough wind, Casting harnesses and dragging bouncers did the trick. When the wind died, I broke out the trolling rods and pulled Dipsy's and Tru-trips with Spoons at 2.3 to 2.7 MPH Small area with 30' depth held most fish. This am we had a slow start with the spoons and switched over to meat and slowed down to 1.3-1.5 Then it was game on!!

Dipsy's back 40-50 and tru-trip 40's back 75'

Not much junk and not too many sorters. a nice grade of 20-24" mixed in with 16-18"

Another enjoyable trip to the land of plenty!
    Last edited by fishnguy; 07-20-2016 at 09:05 PM.

Good report, thanks. I can't believe my 90 YO mother wants to go this weekend but she is! This must be a bucket list thing as she has had 64 years to go fishing with me. How far east would you say?
    F Troop 9th Cav 1st Air Cav

I think it's great that she wants to go. I left the boat in Ohio or I would screen shot the god numbers for you. I was alittle south of the airport and best guess 1.75 miles to the east. I've heard of fish caught all over out there but we caught almost all throwbacks if we left our 30 spot. It's basically the end(point) of a contour line the we kept going back across

Good Luck. It's going to be hot. Bring plenty of fluids.

I think it's great that she wants to go. I left the boat in Ohio or I would screen shot the GPS numbers for you. I was alittle south of the airport and best guess 1.75 miles to the east. I've heard of fish caught all over out there but we caught almost all throwbacks if we left our 30 spot. It's basically the end(point) of a contour line the we kept going back across

Good Luck. It's going to be hot. Bring plenty of fluids.

Think I know the place, thanks. There will be plenty of water on board to drink and toss. Thompson hard top also helps.
    F Troop 9th Cav 1st Air Cav

90 years old and wanting to get on the excitement! Now that's what I call awesome! Good luck to you all! Stay safe and have fun. Hope your mom catches the big one. I think that's fantastic to be able to do that, unfortunately I lost both my parents at an early age and think constantly about how much I miss them and wish they could join me out on the water again. FISH ON BOYS!

Bggeary

Check your pm. Sent you numbers for your mom. Good luck