Bait stores in Huron Bait stores in Huron Bait stores in Huron Bait stores in Huron

Default Bait stores in Huron

I am only aware of one bait store in Huron, does anyone now if their are any more ? If so where ?

Thanks, Dennis

We got our stuff last weekend at the Drive Thru on main st. Real nice guys good info and he had nice shiners

Default thank you for the info

Quote Originally Posted by GlennD View Post
    We got our stuff last weekend at the Drive Thru on main st. Real nice guys good info and he had nice shiners
    That is the one I was going to but they will not let you use the bathroom, you have to use a very disgusting port-a potty, in the back, their is no place to wash your hands and not even a hand sanitizer dispenser. While I was using the out house my friend went in to buy our bait and when I went in a little later, while my buddy was paying for the bait we got, I ask about the fishing, the guy was absolutely not willing to give me any info until he found out the two of us was together, then he said OH! you guys are together and then gave me some info. I thought to myself, if I was a potential new customer, I would not be back. That is why I am looking for another place to spend my money. Guess I should have had money taped to my forehead.

I am glad you had better luck with the guy.

Thank you Glenn for your help.
    Dennis

There is a bait shop right on the left hand side of river, they have a sign that says bait shop. You dock beside river and climb up ladder, but I don't know the name of it(brand new owners). They are catching perch in 26-28 fow. at Old Womans creek. Good Luck!!!

The best one that I have found is S.E. of town CRANDBERRY CREEK. GREAT GUYS and they have all the hot baits. not sure about like bait. I bet the do..
    I HAVE USED THEM A LOT AND THYE WILL GO THE EXTRA MILE FOR YOU. THYE DID FOR ME--Even delivered a batch of baits to my boat 1 time.
    GIVE THEM A TRY---I know you will be happy. They even post a fishing report in the window after hours,,

Dennis I wouldn't go back either if treated like that. As far as Cranberry goes my buddies have always had great things to say about them !!

I am not a fan of the drive thru bait shop either. I mainly fish farther west and can get 3x more minnows at bay view, or wild wings for the same price. I won't go there unless I absolutely have to

I have used Cranberry Creek in JUNE this year and thier info was right on the money ,best day of my vacation

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR THE INPUT. I plan on trying the bait shop on the river outlet next time,
    I do like Cranberry and have gotten bait their, nice folks but it is another 5 mile up and 5 mile back to Huron.
    at 55 mph that is another 10 min. I cant be fishing.