Any good smallmouth fishing goin on? Any good smallmouth fishing goin on? Any good smallmouth fishing goin on? Any good smallmouth fishing goin on?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Any good smallmouth largemouth fishing goin on?

Looking to do some bass fishing around the marblehead area out of mazurics. Anybody do any good out that way? Any of the harbors area maybe? Any info would he greatly appreciated guys. I understand this is a walleye forum and I'm sorry if this post bothers anyone. My apologies if so. Stay safe guys and tight lines
    Last edited by jigginfool; 07-15-2016 at 12:28 PM. Reason: just wanted to add something

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jigginfool View Post
    Looking to do some bass fishing around the marblehead area out of mazurics. Anybody do any good out that way? Any of the harbors area maybe? Any info would he greatly appreciated guys. I understand this is a walleye forum and I'm sorry if this post bothers anyone. My apologies if so. Stay safe guys and tight lines
    Can't help with the Small Mouths but East and West Harbor should provide some largemouth action. This is a Western Lake Erie Fishing Forum and posting about any species that frequents the Western Basin is encouraged. It is not just a walleye forum. There will be a bunch of perch reports in the near future to read also.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Reside in Columbus, OH. Have place in Perrysburg, OH.
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know about along the Marblehead shoreline, but you may try along the docks from the Coast Guard station, stone loader, and Kelleys Island Ferry east. You may also try 100-200 yards off shore along Marblehead, 10-18 foot depth. There is some rock and debris along there. If you find some there can be smallmouth there.

If you can make the run to the south side of Kelleys (weather should be good) try from the old Kelleys Island ferry dock east to the "new" ferry dock, basically the entire south shoreline. Be careful and check your charts, but there are old cribs along there and numerous debris piles. Always some smallmouth along there.

Post Thanks / Like

I got some smallies last week off the north point of kellyson tube jigs. A lot of sheephead there too. Drifted the point from 10 fow out to 26. Good luck